No announcement yet.

Carl Froch Edges Andre Dirrell With Split Call Verdict

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
    Dirrell stunk it out, but Froch didn't win that fight. A draw should have been in order.
    The only fighter who landed meaningful punches stunk it out!!! You made a funny.

Comment

The only way he was going to win this fight was by knockout. The running and holding didn't do him any justice either. But Froch didn't lany hardly anything. This is sad.

Comment

this is a horrible for boxing and especially british boxing, dirrell is a beast and has skillz and heart. he was robbed should have won 9 rounds to 3 screw showtime and the ****ty six

Comment

i blame showtime.....they shouldve prevented this.......hope froch lost hometown rights for the rest of the tournament........

Comment

the way i see it, both camps can make there cases for winning/losing. it wasn't a CLEAR robbery

Comment

Hometown decision--Froch lost the fight and that referee was Juan Williams from Fox News disguising himself as a ref.

Comment

As a Brit I thought it was very close and I'll admit I under-estimated Direll. He was fast and had a great jab. froch was made to look clumsy at times and missed some big shots. In frochs defense he was constantly chasing Direll down and did land some big shots that made direll look uncomfy - especially with him complaining (rightly or wrongly).

Froch was lucky not to have a point detucted for the judo move! Direll is a great fighter but tonight I thought Froch did more to try and turn it into a fight. Direll was unlucky as it could have gone his way but it was a championship fight and if he had traded more instead of running and complaining the fight would have been his - by a big margin.

Comment

The slip and run tactics of Dirrell really made this a very dull fight despite Froch trying unsuccessfully to cut the ring down the entire match and actually make a fight of it. It also made it very difficult to score and very much more subjective than most fights.

Who do you go for, a guy who is throwing a few cleaner and crisper punches but has nothing much behind them as he's more interested in staying out of trouble, or a guy who is struggling bigtime to catch the runner but does look like he hurt the other guy when he did manage to catch him, and is actually trying to fight?

Everyone judges a fight differently. I actually think Froch gave a pretty honest interview at the end there. You can't come and take a title away from someone who is trying to fight by running and holding most of the time. Dirrells defence was superb on the night, he looked very slick and sharp the whole 12 rounds bar the 2 or 3 times Froch caught up with him and he had to hold on. His footwork in particular was very impressive. Froch stalked him also for the whole 12 and couldn't quite close the gap except those few times. Trouble is, I just don't think you can call it a Dirrell win cos I don't think you should win a fight by being so very negative. Froch was the one trying to have a fight with a guy who just didn't want to know.

While some people might disagree with that, to call it a disgrace or robbery is a bit naive in my opinion.
                  Last edited by Isola; 10-17-2009, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Wow! Horrific robbery. Dirrell certainly didn't endear himself to fans for his holding and complaining, but the man without question outboxed Froch for just about every round of the fight. I scored it 118-111. The only rounds I gave to Froch were the ones when I was just more frustrated with Dirrell. I cannot recall Froch landing five clean punches in the entire fight. **** the Showtime crew for being so amateurish too. I cannot believe there was no outrage over the scoring of this fight. There was nothing close about this fight. Even if you hated Dirrell for holding and bitching, you cannot honestly say that Froch did more. Sure he was trying, but I could have landed more punches on Dirrell than Froch did. What a mockery this man makes of a championship belt.
                    Last edited by NachoMan; 10-17-2009, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Froch Suckss!!!!!

This is why I hate so much about the sport I love.
                      Damn hometown decisions!!!!!!!! Dirrell executed a good gameplan, Froch was the stronger man, but he is just a slugger, not good boxing skills. I hope Kessler beat his ass, and then Abraham KOs him.

Comment

Working...
                      X