Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton: 'Fury Threw Victory Away, He Can Beat Usyk In A Rematch'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frampton is delusional if thought that the Tipsy King had a chance to win this fight. He won 3, at best 4 rounds and the fight would have been stopped in 9 when the Tipsy King couldn't defend himself anymore. He was beaten down by a middleweight. What a humiliation!

Comment

Originally posted by Tibburon245 View Post
      They need to make another division between 200-230 lbs. Then super heavyweight from 230 lbs & up.
      WBC already did that.

Comment

Had Fury fought his typical Kronk style he could have easily worn Usyk down and won the fight. However, he gave Oleksandr too much room to breathe. Leading up to the build up of the fight; I said that Usyk was too fundamentally sound of a boxer for Fury to try to out box from a distance and I was right.

The style that Fury implemented on Saturday against Uysk had become obsolete since 2015. First, he had a Draw with Deontay Wilder using that style and now he has suffered the very first defeat of his career with that style. Wilder dropped him twice using that style and Usyk damn near stopped him with that style.

Fury must understand that he no longer has those 26 and 27 year old legs anymore.​ When he fights like that now he often gasses, gets tired clipped or dropped to the canvas by the 9th round. His body is too old to fight like that for twelve rounds now without getting clipped or dropped to the canvas.

When Fury fights backing up; Occasionally he becomes fatigued, too stationary of a target and flat-footed; With no upper or lower body movement at all. Which often leaves himself both vulnerable and exposed by allowing his opponents to get the full extension on their punches off.​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingUpdates View Post
          Carl Frampton has urged Tyson Fury to pursue a rematch with Oleksandr Usyk after watching him "throw victory away". Usyk won their undisputed heavyweight title fight in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - where Frampton was ringside - but had to come from behind to do so after a difficult opening six rounds.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          I agree he threw away the fight too. His arrogance is his biggest problem now. He's not serious in the ring. He did the same thing in his last fight with Ngannou. He lacks focus. He also just rely’s on his size and talent way too much. He has no game plan, no plan A, no plan B, no discipline in there.
          Last edited by MONGOOSE66; 05-20-2024, 09:32 AM.
          alfred64 alfred64 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Steve View Post
            Nobody’s talking about the fact that Usyk apparently suffered a broken jaw. Both men were throwing with all they had. If I were Fury, I’d be demanding a rematch as soon as possible. If I were Usyk and really did suffer a broken jaw, I would seriously consider taking my retirement. Neither guy has a reverse gear in his transmission, though, so I look for a spirited redux in October.
            His jaw is fine. He was at the post fight presser. Was just a bit late getting his eyebrow stitched
            Bro. Steve Bro. Steve likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              Had Fury fought his typical Kronk style he could have easily worn Usyk down and won the fight. However, he gave Oleksandr too much room to breathe. Leading up to the build up of the fight; I said that Usyk was too fundamentally sound of a boxer for Fury to try to out box from a distance and I was right.

The style that Fury implemented on Saturday against Uysk had become obsolete since 2015. First, he had a Draw with Deontay Wilder using that style and now he has suffered the very first defeat of his career with that style. Wilder dropped him twice using that style and Usyk damn near stopped him with that style.

Fury must understand that he no longer has those 26 and 27 year old legs anymore.​ When he fights like that now he often gasses, gets tired clipped or dropped to the canvas by the 9th round. His body is too old to fight like that for twelve rounds now without getting clipped or dropped to the canvas.

When Fury fights backing up; Occasionally he becomes fatigued, too stationary of a target and flat-footed; With no upper or lower body movement at all. Which often leaves himself both vulnerable and exposed by allowing his opponents to get the full extension on their punches off.​​​​
              He knew he wouldn't touch Usyk with that "Kronk Style"

Comment

I still think that 1 shot to Fury's nose changed the entire fight. It was different because Fury moved right into it and caught the full power of it. Other shots a fighter is rolling with will look more impressive because the head snaps back if it was already moving back. But this was like running nose first into a brick wall, it exploded his sinuses and he was bleeding the rest of the fight. He kept pawing at his nose for a couple rounds. I think he struggled breathing afterwards and showed a ton of heart fighting so hard until the end.
                Cyborg Fangerloo Cyborg Fangerloo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever

Well, if that was best he had and he gave it his all. Then he is in serious trouble for the rematch. That's if there is a rematch. He may very well opt to fight Usyk again in another 14 or 16 months after a rematch or two.
                  At least if he opts out, Usyk doesn't get stripped of the IBF
                  champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Threw away victory or had it taken away? I side with the latter. Usyk is an ATG and proved why

Comment

Originally posted by TonyRespectful View Post
                      Obviously nationalism is a real thing
                      Of course it is, why why wouldn't it be and why would that be a negative thing?

Comment

Working...
                      X