Fury Won the last round which won him the fight imo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
    O

Fury should have been knocked out in the 9th round by a middleweight. If not for the referee he would have landed face first on the canvas and curled up like a new born baby girl
    while it may appear that way, he was rolling remarkably well for his state and anticipation of follow up shots, so we don’t know. He also does the same at the end before the referee rightfully called a knockdown from the ropes keeping him up, which should have happened earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by automaton89 View Post

Why are you putting so much weight into Furys reactions? An impactful blow is easy to see regardless of the receivers acting ploys. Head rattling back usually gives it away.
      Simple. Fury is good at fooling people into thinking blows are not impactful against him, and that they are impactful when he lands.

You say it's easy to see, but boxers have been doing this forever. Fury is particularly good at it. Clean and effective is very subjective but important in comparison to simple numbers of punches landed.

In the majority of these rounds the opposite was true. Usyk was busting him up. Fury was slapping. It has swayed people's view of the fight.

The punch landed in the 9th wasn't a one off. It was another in a series of damaging blows.

Comment

Oh, the irony of the OP's screen name...
        MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
          Usyk won 1-3 and 8-12, plus the knockdown.

116-111, easy fight to score.
          I do always find it funny when people like you say things like this.

"Easy fight to score" like just because you scored a debatable round for a fighter then somehow that's now a clear obvious round. Like 116-111 should be a universal scorecard, yet on press row it's one of the rare ones. Do you wonder why that is?

Anyway, obviously not an easy fight to score because there were a number of close rounds in there that could go to either man but the right man won is what matters.
          Last edited by IronDanHamza; 05-20-2024, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingenius002 View Post

while it may appear that way, he was rolling remarkably well for his state and anticipation of follow up shots, so we don’t know. He also does the same at the end before the referee rightfully called a knockdown from the ropes keeping him up, which should have happened earlier.
            His head was getting whiplashed from the ropes. I don’t understand this rolling remarkably unless you are crediting the number of 360 Usyk made his fat head look like a spinning atlas. Go and look at Lennox Lewis vantage point of the 9th round. I promise when you see it you will appreciate just how F# ucked he was. I will admit Fury’s powers of recovery is commendable

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post

Maybe, maybe not. Muhammad Ali lost to Frazier in their first meeting, and also to Norton the first time. Each fight was closely contested, but Ali won both trilogies. Usyk-Fury was a very close fight, all except the ninth round. Anything can happen in the sequel.
              I def agree with your take, it was a close fight, fury started really well with them body shots, well placed uppers and lot movement but Usyk then started to close in distance with his signature sniper left hands(mostly cross and straight lefts) right to Furys nose til he got him really hurt, the gypsy is one tough bastard tho, recovered well and even took the last round imo,but it was little too late for the gypsy, I also agree anything could happen in a rematch, hell, maybe it could end up in a trilogy why not!?!
              CubanGuyNYC CubanGuyNYC likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

Fury is sloppy ,not sure why he’s a great technical fighter on most standards ? He could cause problems for most though but that’s bc his size not skills .Never got it ! I don’t know . Lol
                Anybody noticed their post getting removed? I've been commenting a lot since the Fury fight.
                Checking my post activity.. it shows I haven't commented in 2 yrs..
                This thread, I've been quoted yet my post is gone?

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

Simple. Fury is good at fooling people into thinking blows are not impactful against him, and that they are impactful when he lands.

You say it's easy to see, but boxers have been doing this forever. Fury is particularly good at it. Clean and effective is very subjective but important in comparison to simple numbers of punches landed.

In the majority of these rounds the opposite was true. Usyk was busting him up. Fury was slapping. It has swayed people's view of the fight.

The punch landed in the 9th wasn't a one off. It was another in a series of damaging blows.

Fury wasn't slapping, that's how he punches on the move. My theory is that Usyk throws some punches that are fundamentally powerful, so that his lack of Zing won't become a factor.

Usyk uses his back more when he jabs, he tries different tricks to generate more force. It also makes sense defensively to switch levels, and being a smaller guy he has to be agile anyway.

Comment

Hearn was amazed that Fury didn't just take a knee since he will get a count anyway in that state.

But there is good reason not to go down. If he goes down, he likely can't get up in time.

or if he does, it will be with a complete loss of equilibrium, and 99% of judges call that off.

The fight is is over if he goes down, and so he stayed up.
                    Last edited by automaton89; 05-20-2024, 09:17 PM.

Comment

I thought Usyk won the 12th and won it pretty easily. Pressured Fury back the whole round, landed more punches, landed the harder punches. Easy to score.

Comment

Working...
                      X