Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ben Davison Explains Why The Delay Has Worked In Tyson Fury's Favor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ben Davison Explains Why The Delay Has Worked In Tyson Fury's Favor

Ben Davison believes that Tyson Fury is reaping the rewards of the postponements of his fight with Oleksandr Usyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why has fury got weird red patches all around his eyes it looks like severe dermatitis

Comment

Unlike a lot of people I saw this fight as 50/50 but I actually think Fury is training for the wrong kind of fight now. He can't outbox Usyk (we saw how he struggled against Cunningham who went on to do poorly at HW) but he can lean on him and rough-house him and wear him down.

But Fury seems to believe now (I think mistakenly) that he can outbox Usyk by getting fitter and losing weight. I don't think he would have done or even thought this if it wasn't for Ngannou fight and the delays
      Last edited by Roberto Vasquez; 05-15-2024, 06:28 AM.

Comment

I think fury will apply both tactics, he'll will see if he can box usyk, if that doesn't work he will maul him all over the ring.

Still see this as a draw, possibly low action and boring.
        Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

I’m sure he hasn’t shared any of Fury’s weaknesses to AJ

Comment

Ben would know boxing being a trainer but this is not the Fury that trained under Ben. He's just making it too simple. An inside fight won't simply be a battle of attrition given how Fury could manhandle Usyk. Usyk wouldn't make it a close-up, inside fight.

Under him, Fury was only a defensive fighter trying to score points. Fury did not punch hard, did not box aggressively, and did not impose his size on his opponents. Fury only used him for his comeback but then moved on to better trainers for his more challenging fights.
            PunchyPotorff PunchyPotorff likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post
              Why has fury got weird red patches all around his eyes it looks like severe dermatitis
              Could be because of the headgear he's been using to avoid getting another cut and a $10m penalty? Or simply the way the skin reacts because I know of many British people at my workplace who turn into a lobster every time they move from the ME to the UK or vice versa. It's starting to get hot already with temperatures crossing 40C during daytime and 30C even at night.​

Comment

More like more time to juice

Comment

I believe the delays were to in fact get Tyson into a form of shape that he knew would be necessary and he was unable to achieve at the original fight dates that were penned in. I don't even think they cared. If you recall, Tyson was being a lot more vocal during those times and doing interviews left and right while claiming to be training. Then before the last reschedule he said he would be going completely away and disconnecting from the world to train for the fight. It's almost like, this was now the real deal time to train for the fight and he literally vanished from everything to go in camp. Clearly he never was truly in camp when he claimed to be in the prior to scheduling's based on how much noise he was making then.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                    I believe the delays were to in fact get Tyson into a form of shape that he knew would be necessary and he was unable to achieve at the original fight dates that were penned in. I don't even think they cared. If you recall, Tyson was being a lot more vocal during those times and doing interviews left and right while claiming to be training. Then before the last reschedule he said he would be going completely away and disconnecting from the world to train for the fight. It's almost like, this was now the real deal time to train for the fight and he literally vanished from everything to go in camp. Clearly he never was truly in camp when he claimed to be in the prior to scheduling's based on how much noise he was making then.
                    Wrote a whole load of nothing. He got cut as simple as that s*** happens.
                    PunchyPotorff PunchyPotorff likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X