Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If only the other sanctioning bodies were as strict as the IBF

Comment

Originally posted by Blind Magoo

makes one wonder then why Benavidez and/or Morrell management didn't pursue the IBF mandatory instead of wasting time with an interim trinket with no leverage
      Canelo just drops the belt then. He did it to dervychenko and ggg of course but that was wbc

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

Canelo just drops the belt then. He did it to dervychenko and ggg of course but that was wbc
        my point - Benavidez and or Morrell management could've gone this path couple years ago forcing a strip or match & blocking any undisputed aspirations.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatintheboat View Post
          How is the IBF next and not the WBA or WBC?
          Because those are hard mandatories, so they're just keeping quiet to appease Canelo

Comment

The IBF is a joke. If they wanted to be reputable, they'd leave Canelo free to face either Benavidez or Crawford....or someone the fans want to see him face.

Comment

if i remember correctly the ibf already stripped canelo in the past for not fighting Derevyanchenko right after he got the 160LBS title from a fight with danny jacobs... i even remember them sending canelo a letter or email days after the fight... Dervy was offered the the fight but declined and got canelo stripped ... if anything, you cant **** on the ibf for enforcing the fights even if not the best matches...

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                I think Canelo will relinquish that title, because no one has really heard of this mandatory opponent for the IBF.

He'll take stick for fighting Berlanga, if selected, but they know they can sell it, kinda.
                ...And who is Bernalga to deserve that?

Comment

Originally posted by cruz1383 View Post

man to be honest i would rather see Bumlanga get his ass beat and mouth shut then this crap....
                  The problem with you and many others is to have the idea that the "name" has something to do...If this fight finally happens for sure you will change your opinion. Don't think boxers fighting in Europe and unknown in US are all craps. This guy is a Cuban with enough of experience. Be careful when eating g****s your mouth don't get pricked by a nail...
                  garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Canelo will perform his best Rid**** Bowe impression

Comment

Oh he will absolutely love another ****ty fight. Absolute joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X