No announcement yet.

Loma - Stevenson please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
    If Loma couldn't get a fair shake vs Haney, you don't need to be genius to know how the scores would be slanted vs Stevenson.

Loma vs Tank, better late than never.
    It also doesn't take a genius to know that Shakur is capable of beating Lomachenko convincingly.

So far I've seen a lot of excuses for Lomachenko to avoid the fight.
    Last edited by joseph5620; 05-12-2024, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post

It also doesn't take a genius to know that Shakur is capable of beating Lomachenko convincingly.

So far I've seen a lot of excuses for Lomachenko to avoid the fight.
      And if I'd said he should fight Shakur, you'd say it was an excuse to avoid Tank. It doesn't take a genius to know that either

Comment

That's a good fight, next super fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          People say they want the best fighting the best. These are the 2 best LW’s in the world. They should be fighting.

People criticize Tank daily until its time to discuss Shakur v Loma. Then suddenly its Tank who should be fighting either rather than them fighting each other.

Makes no sense.

There is no reason shakur didn’t fight last night other than Bob protecting Loma.

Gives some bum the Shakur fight. No wonder Shakur is leaving TR.
          Why would you be against Tank fighting Loma or Stevenson?

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

And if I'd said he should fight Shakur, you'd say it was an excuse to avoid Tank. It doesn't take a genius to know that either
            I think Tank avoided Lomachenko so your lame response doesn't apply. It also doesn't change the fact that you don't want to see Lomachenko fight Stevenson because you know there's a good chance that he loses.

Comment

Shakur doesn't sell. I think he probably UD's Navarrete. I think him vs Zepeda would be an interesting stylistic matchup. Him vs Tank is the best stylistic matchup, with two low volume guys, one with the defense and the other with the offense. Not sure who wins that.

Not sure why Loma should have to go through all of them though. He'd be undisputed already if Russia hadn't invaded and he was the one who fought Kambosos instead of Haney. I would prefer Loma v Navarrete and Tank v Shakur, with the winners fighting for all the belts.

Why? Because Vaquero will be in regardless, as will Loma. Might as well get one of the ducking prima donnas who are too good to take on an undisputed fight to take the other out, so nobody has to deal with both of them. They both spend more time on social media than on making fights. Loma would be 50 by the time both of them agree to fight a top guy in their own weight class. Just look at their records at 135...

But Tank will probably duck everyone.
              Last edited by crimsonfalcon07; 05-13-2024, 12:34 AM.
              dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

If I'm Loma, I try to get the Tank fight. Shakur is high risk, low reward at this stage of his career. Plus with Tank and his low output, I could see it getting interesting with him trying to outwork Tank.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Tank is a tedious US hypejob who is nearly 30 and has done more fighting on Twitter than in the ring.

I want to see all three of these fight each other. Right now, I find Loma - Tank more appealing. Given the latter appears to be calling for it, why not give him what he claims to want?
                  You mean Tank is the biggest earner in the division.

Tank, if he is a hype job as you posted, shouldn’t be part of the discussion if we want the best fighting the best. Right?

You illustrated my point with this post. Now of you’re telling me Tank is one of the 2 best, ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post

Why would you be against Tank fighting Loma or Stevenson?
                    I’m not. I am talking about the best fighting the best. The majority of people don’t think Tank is one of the 2 best LW’s.

As such, the fight to make is Shakur and Loma. We aren’t getting that.
                    joseph5620 joseph5620 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post

Its just that if the Tank fight can be made, it seems more exciting and suspenseful. No on wants to watch Shakur even if he is talented because he doesn't have much pop and has an unappealing style. He is fast becoming the Winky Wright of his day.
                      Completely understand your point but strongly disagree.

Bob puts him in with bums like he is next, instead of the fights he should be in.

Shakur has everything to lose and nothing to gain. So he fights like that.

When he is in with the top guys, see Valdez, he destroys them. My point is had Bob made the Valdez fight earlier, them the Loma fight now, instead of the guys he outs shakur in with, he’d have a better resume with more dynamic performances.
                      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-13-2024, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X