No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Rise And Fall Of Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post

Only an ignorant man who didn't understand history would post what you just did. Educate yourself, brother. Your TV is lying to you.
    i think its funny that a person that clearly gets info from the media is telling you to take your pills
    AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post

that is just dramatic headline baiting. The only real flaw he shown was with Lopez not letting his hands go the first half of the fight. Salido who cares Loma jumped the gun too quickly thinking he could beat a vet in his 2nd fight, how many people fight a 12 rounder their second pro fight, its a lot different than amateurs. Haney, is far bigger than him far younger and the fight could have went either way, so loma overcame many advantages that Haney held to keep the fight that close.

Hes mid 30s and depends on speed and reflexes for his style, hes just getting old, theres been no "fall"
      I completely agree about him aging but a loss is a loss. Yall kill me tryna give credit for “close” losses. Loma does get my respect for fighting some of the best out there, even with the losses, same as a Shawn Porter. I see Inoue on a similar trajectory, as he starts to step up in class, it will get tougher and he may take some losses and thats ok. The failure is in not fighting at all. We have got to normalize losing in boxing and stop trying to hold on to the “0”. Fight the best in your division first and unify titles, then fight the best of those around your division, win lose or draw.

Comment

Zero wins against any elite fighter. Loses everytime steps up to an elite fighter. Next L incoming from Shakur

Comment

Originally posted by Claude Palle View Post

I never get political on this forum except for now. Guys like you buy up the B.S from the mainstream media. I am no fan of ***** but do a little independent research and your eyes will be widened. Secretly putting bases in Ukraine. Expecting ***** to accept nukes 40 miles from Moscow. The elements of ****sm in Ukraine. Check out the human rights abuses in Ukraine before the conflict. Some will say it's conspiracy theories. Of course they will. The C.I.A actually coined the term. I'll get off my soapbox now. Thanks and have a great day.
          Glad you mentioned independent research. Ever here of Wagner? Of course you have. **** tattoos on the founder of that group. You know about that? Don't pretend to know anything from your independent research. It's tainted with Russian propaganda. And they are the most prolific with straight out fabrications. Moscva was sunk because a soldier was smoking a cigarette. Bucha was manufactured by actors in Ukraine. U.S. biolabs in Ukraine created mosquitos programmed to only bite Russians. Zelensky and Ukraine is overrun by ****s. Secret bases in Ukraine. Must still be a secret because where? Moscow is not 40 miles from any border in Ukraine and now you're saying they were to have nucs? Do you see how absurd your independent research is? Human rights abuses? Care to explain? All I know, from my Russian mother in law living in Eastern Ukraine, married to a Ukrainian man, she hates ***** and never saw or heard of abuses of any sort. Only it was inconvenient to deal with the Ukrainian language being the official language now. If you are talking about Russian propaganda and accusations of abuses, to try and cause an uprising, you're deluded. The CIA. My dad is CIA. And an expert in Russian and Ukrainian affairs. I can't share all but you are seriously deluded.
          Stephankotyk Stephankotyk likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post

Only an ignorant man who didn't understand history would post what you just did. Educate yourself, brother. Your TV is lying to you.
            I'm from Ukraine, so i know a thing or two about what is happening in my country for last 10 years. I can educate you every day of the week and twice on weekend.
            And dont even start bs about ****S, biolabs, NATO proxy wars, protection of russian speaking, coz it wont be even fun to debunk that staff.

Comment

As a man of faith, Loma is a proud Ukrainian and a proud Chrisian first. He hates the war and is Pro Ukraine. Usyk too is Orthodox. You going to say Loma being Orthodox is bad and for Usyk it's fine? Loma is a self contained private man. He GAVE UP fighting for the four belts to go back home and support his country. The fact he puts up Christian stuff on his website and not stuff about the war means existentially he sees that that transcends wars and peace time. Most Ukrainians love him, respect him and support him fully. Some, very few some, questioned his ties to his reliogion. A man's spirituality is a man's spirituality. Leave it be. If I want to worship God and follow a Russian Holy man, doesn't mean I support Russia in killing Americans. I am in no way saying Loma is following a Russian Holy man. I need to state that. I have a heartbeat on Ukraine and there Ukrainians are proud of him and he gives them pride. A few hotheads there will talk, but it's a meathead and the consensus ignore that b.s. Since when should this author try to project what he should or should not be doing with the Ukrainian flag, or his website. Yes it broke Loma's heart to see a nation of close blooded brothers attack his nation. As it does to Usyk. As it did when the king sent troops to attack the colonists in our war of independence. In this instance, ***** wanted Ukraine, never sat well with him that they were an independent nation. He wrote of Ukraine in its whole just being a part of Russia. He wants Odessa. He wants Kherson. He wants Mikolaiv. Ukraine was an independent nation in the early 1900s, then one of 15 republics, parallel to Russia, not a part of Russia, in the Soviet Union. He wanted Kiev in the early days of the non-war special task in 2022. Anyways, I'm not going to go down that road, Kiev and all. It is long and aggregious conversation. This is boxing and this article is not in any fashion working in a space of contextual clarity speaking for all Ukrainians. It's inappropriate for the man fighting.

At the Ortiz fight ...

“I want to dedicate this fight to all my Ukrainian people. I wear the flag proudly every time I step in the ring,” Lomachenko said before the win. “I love my sport, and I am so glad to be back. My goal is to win the undisputed lightweight title, but I will not take Jamaine Ortiz lightly."​

At the Haney fight ...

Loma wore black trunks with a Ukrainian flag on the left hip and an Orthodox symbol of Christ the Conqueror on the right side.

After the judges’ decision was announced, Lomachenko was interviewed in the ring, d****d by a Ukrainian flag.

What the ... more should this man do to not deserve this side tracking hit piece?
              Last edited by TDLand; 05-11-2024, 03:14 PM.

Comment

What kind of journalism is this? The article admits that he hasn’t really “fallen” in the ring. Instead, it suggests and hints and implies that he is seen as a traitor by his countrymen in a time of war, and as evidence, it cites… absolutely nothing? Not even one interview with not even one Ukrainian questioning his patriotism. Nothing except the writer’s own “impression” I don’t know what this writer has against Lomachenko, but whether you like him or not, this article is a pathetic hitpiece. In better times, a writer would be fired for something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Skillman View Post
                  Lomo's stance on the war makes me like him even more. There is NO WAY Ukraine can win this war. Prolonging it only prolongs the killing. End it now.
                  The responsibility for prolonging the war falls squarely on the shoulders of the ***** administration. Yes, the Russian leadership is to blame, but they wouldn’t have invaded without ***** saying a small incursion wouldn’t be an issue, and the war would grind on if the US wasn’t feeding the death machine.

It’s all about the money, honey.

Claude Palle Claude Palle likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

If somebody breaks into your house, are you gonna willingly let them pillage everything and everyone there?

Even the Bible says a house can't be robbed unless the intruder shackles the man of the house first. You dont surrender that: your house, your family, your country. Better to lose your life defending what matters most.

The world is hard. People die everyday, and each one of those people matters to God. But you dont surrender to tyrants just because they kill people. ***** came in killing and will kill as long as, as many as, and whenever he wants.

I always told my kids, there's lots of stories about people getting jacked. Sometimes the attacker then tells them to get in the trunk or put on some cuffs. That's your last best chance to fight for everything. Once your tied up, you're at their mercy.

Except this is a whole country full of people who have a God-given right to exist and live their own lives on their own land, without being attacked.

"Here, take Crimea. Oh, now here, take a larger part of our country and people. It doesn't matter how many of us youve brutally killed, that youre attacking civilian targets daily, or that youre here unjustifibly..."

"The guy on BoxingScene says we don't have a chance, so just take it all and do with us whatever you wish. There's no use in fighting back."

That's food for thought.
                    I understand the someone went into your house part, let any country surround the USA with missiles and other poo and let's see what you say then.

Russia was provoked and I am against this and all wars.

Comment

Originally posted by Roder View Post
                      What kind of journalism is this? The article admits that he hasn’t really “fallen” in the ring. Instead, it suggests and hints and implies that he is seen as a traitor by his countrymen in a time of war, and as evidence, it cites… absolutely nothing? Not even one interview with not even one Ukrainian questioning his patriotism. Nothing except the writer’s own “impression” I don’t know what this writer has against Lomachenko, but whether you like him or not, this article is a pathetic hitpiece. In better times, a writer would be fired for something like this.
                      Came here to write basically the same thing. This article is bizarre at best.

Comment

Working...
                      X