Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Sad And Tragic Road That Crowley Has Walked To Face 'Boots' Ennis In Philadelphia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
    I don't know that this guy is ready to climb in the ring again. He sounds like he needs more therapy.
    His dad killed himself shortly before the Ramos fight IIRC.

Comment

I like Crowley, but Boots is going to be too much for him to overcome, especially considering his mental state.

I'll root for him, but it doesn't look good.
      tokon tokon likes this.

Comment

Subzer0ed no-one ever needs’more therapy’. All surveys show that people who have psychiatric treatment, including talking therapy, invariably suffer worse outcomes than those who wisely decline them. Cody clearly has had a horrible time, but his best treatment is probably training his nuts off. TBBH, if he trains with inhuman dedication it won’t help him any for this one, because he just doesn’t have anything to beat Jaron. (who is not 32, btw, where did that **** come from?)
        tokon tokon likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by maguirre View Post
          Don't know why he had to come up with various excuses which included mental issue about being inactive. (Everyone seems comfortable using that mental excuse.) All he had to say is he's with PBC that don't provide fights on a regular basis for their fighters. End of story. People will understand.
          Wow Boots your inaugural fight on Dazn and all this article could muster up is 12 comments. All 12 (including this one) obviously are not fans of yours or those PBC guys (WINK-FUQING-WINK). These are the guys that you're relying on to subscribe to Dazn for your fights? Are these the guys that are going to travel to Philly and buy tickets to your fights? Are they going to spend 75$ on your potential PPVs? You mean Dazn figured out what all the other promoters over the last 8 decades couldn't figure out about Philly. From Smokin Joe to B-hop now all of a sudden they are going to sellout a 20k arena multiple times over. Guess they figured that shyte out all on they're own huh man? Lol

Comment

My heart truly goes out to Cody and family.

He's been through some hell on earth for sure, with what happened to his dad and other things.

Love and respect to him, and he also signed to fight a guy that very few guys are willing to step in the ring with.

Ennis may or may not be the most incredibly gifted boxer in the world today, but he needs the opponents.

But yes, this is beyond boxing, what Cody and others that have been through similar things in life.

Boxing is not the scariest challenge when you've been through other life stuff, where you're not afraid of death, and want to die.

Glad for both these fighters getting a bigger stage.

Comment

Here is the bar that was set for you Mr Ennis: Tank vs Rolly at Barclay's center did 275k PPV with 19k attendance and a gate of 4.8 million..Tank vs Hector in D.C. did 225k PPV with 21k in attendance with a gate of 5.2 mill. That's what Espinoza had planned for you but you decided to go with "THE OPPS". Good luck trying to top that!

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Wow Boots your inaugural fight on Dazn and all this article could muster up is 12 comments. All 12 (including this one) obviously are not fans of yours or those PBC guys (WINK-FUQING-WINK). These are the guys that you're relying on to subscribe to Dazn for your fights? Are these the guys that are going to travel to Philly and buy tickets to your fights? Are they going to spend 75$ on your potential PPVs? You mean Dazn figured out what all the other promoters over the last 8 decades couldn't figure out about Philly. From Smokin Joe to B-hop now all of a sudden they are going to sellout a 20k arena multiple times over. Guess they figured that shyte out all on they're own huh man? Lol
                Wow
                You're gonna based You're entire analysis of the Boots era on a BoxingScene Article of the upcoming fight & the few post received in the comment section?
                Lololololol
                landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post

Wow
                  You're gonna based You're entire analysis of the Boots era on a BoxingScene Article of the upcoming fight & the few post received in the comment section?
                  Lololololol
                  Yup I sure am. You know why? Cause I've seen this movie before. In 2018 Demetrius Andrade signed with Dazn and Eddie Hearn declared that the New England region would be the new home of boxing and all the big fights were going to go there and everyone in the region would be huge Andrade fans and he was gonna be a big PPV star. Fast forward to his last fight with Dazn and they were selling Andrade as the enemy fighter and Luke Keebler (hehe) as the Irish hero and were begging 3 thousand fans to come out to root against Andrade. Now in 2024 where is Andrade and the New England boxing scene? I've been a fan of this sport, in particular American boxing, for over 40 yrs and I know how this shyte works. There is nothing that Dazn, the Brit, the Russian or the Saudi Sultan of the sweet science can do to make a successful and profitable "Boots run" in America. NOTHING!

Comment

I always liked Crowley. Good fighter and seems like a really good dude. I hope he's able to give a good account of himself.
                    greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

How old are you brother? People are wondering what you are crying about. You obviously want him to stay on that side of the street. But your brother Al showed no interest in keeping him. And here you are crying. You should have done something man. Too late now.

Comment

Working...
                      X