No announcement yet.

Virgil never asked that of ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

You don't count beating the lineal and Ring champ? As far as I'm concerned, that's just as credible, if not more so, than the alphabet organizations. I don't rate the IBO, but Hatton was the man at 140. It's certainly more credible than, say, a WBA (regular/world).
    Was Hatton not returning to the weight after being stopped at 147? I don’t remember if he had any fights at 140 between the Floyd and Manny fight. But it’s hard to argue you’re “the man” when you’re returning to the weight after an unsuccessful attempt at moving up.

if Usyk lost to Joshua and decided to go back to CW, I think the lineage would have been considered broken would it not?

I put more stock in Ring/Lineal than ABC’s but in my eyes, you still drop that when you move up to pursue a run at a higher weight
    Last edited by _Rexy_; 05-10-2024, 07:34 AM.

Comment

130*1.25 would give 162.5. So you had the right weights but not the right percentages.

at least i got something right!

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Was Hatton not returning to the weight after being stopped at 147? I don’t remember if he had any fights at 140 between the Floyd and Manny fight. But it’s hard to argue you’re “the man” when you’re returning to the weight after an unsuccessful attempt at moving up.

if Usyk lost to Joshua and decided to go back to CW, I think the lineage would have been considered broken would it not?

I put more stock in Ring/Lineal than ABC’s but in my eyes, you still drop that when you move up to pursue a run at a higher weight
        Then by your standards Canelo isn't the undisputed champion anymore at 168, despite never having lost at that weight class. Why on earth would the lineage be broken by losing in a completely different division in which anyone at the weight would be ineligible to win the belts you have? It's never worked that way with any belt in any division. Might as well say that Anthony Joshua is now the UFC heavyweight champion.

And he had two fights at 140 before the Pacquiao fight.

Comment

Then by your standards Canelo isn't the undisputed champion anymore at 168, despite never having lost at that weight class. Why on earth would the lineage be broken by losing in a completely different division in which anyone at the weight would be ineligible to win the belts you have? It's never worked that way with any belt in any division. Might as well say that Anthony Joshua is now the UFC heavyweight champion.

And he had two fights at 140 before the Pacquiao fight.
          Hatton dripped his belt and moved up to campaign at 147 did he not? I’m going off memory here since I’m out. But that would be different from Canelo. That is a good example though.

Comment

Stop trying to play “gotcha” on a fight that doesn’t even exist. Bam has moved up to 115, and is not returning to 112.
            Youre the one playing gotcha you idiot, I said they were 10 pounds apart which Ive proven was true REAL WEIGHT and youre still going on about it, Ive given you there last fight weighin weight and you want to go on about a weight class and throw out what they actually weighed, 10 pounds apart. fck me youre so pedantic.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Youre the one playing gotcha you idiot, I said they were 10 pounds apart which Ive proven was true REAL WEIGHT and youre still going on about it, Ive given you there last fight weighin weight and you want to go on about a weight class and throw out what they actually weighed, 10 pounds apart. fck me youre so pedantic.
              Jesus Christ. Would you rather have this discussion in a couple weeks?

of the two fights discussed, one is actually on paper. Bam vs Estrada. 115lb WBC title.

so if Inoue were to fight Bam (strictly hypothetical, the fight does not exist) it would obviously be AFTER this.

Comment

Jesus Christ. Would you rather have this discussion in a couple weeks?

of the two fights discussed, one is actually on paper. Bam vs Estrada. 115lb WBC title.

so if Inoue were to fight Bam (strictly hypothetical, the fight does not exist) it would obviously be AFTER this.
                This is madness, go back to my first comment that said Id like to see Bam Bam go up and fight Inoue he would have to gain about 10pds or more to do it, now this was an off cuff comment on the side of Inoue Tank being 10 pounds apart, all just conversation no statutory declarations or court orders just plain old conversation ,,,,,,,,, so moving on in comes idiot you " its not 10 pounds its 7 , hmmm ok so I checked and low and behold their very last weighin numbers were 10pounds apart, in other words you fkn idiot I was exactly right, and here we are pages ahead and youre still going on about it.

I don't know what it is but people in here that cannot admit to being wrong over trivial points need a backhander with the back of a shovel, no way in real life you act like this without getting dropped.
                Last edited by Roadblock; 05-10-2024, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
                  Why won't Tank fight the great competition in his own weight class?
                  Tank is a protected fighter. He's actually a dwarf. Look at the size of his head compared to his body. He tries to hide it by wearing hats.

It'll be interesting to see if Frank Martin can make something happen. Pitbull Cruise spank that ass no question about it. He did it worse than Diddy! But you know, you know how the judges are.

The dwarf has fought a great puncher in Santa Cruz, too bad Santa Cruz fought way below in weight and is much smaller. The dwarf beat Ryan! Of course he made sure Ryan was in the physical condition of a concentration camp survivor. The man had no fat to protect his liver He's lucky he didn't get permanently injured.

Tank has never really challenged himself.

Comment

I never liked Virgil. If you beat one of his fighters he immediately tries to ruin your victory. After Lucas Mattysce beat one of his fighters he tried to say Lucas was on PEDS, and when Lara beat Angulo, Virgil claimed that Lara thumbed Angulo in the eye despite Lara's gloves had the thumb sewed to the glove. When Khan got sparked by Canelo, Virgil claimed that he thought Khan fighting Canelo was ****** and it shouldn't have happened because of the discrepancy in size. Virgil is a sore loser plain and simple.
                    dannnnn dannnnn likes this.

Comment

Hatton dripped his belt and moved up to campaign at 147 did he not? I’m going off memory here since I’m out. But that would be different from Canelo. That is a good example though.
                      No, he got stripped off the IBF belt he won off Urango because he'd moved back down to set up a fight with Castillo, who had given Floyd a hard fight, and who fought on the undercard. But the IBF forced him to vacate the IBF belt in order to fight Castillo. He had previously been forced to vacate his IBF belt to move up to welterweight to challenge Collazo, but never relinquished the Ring/lineal championships, and still had those, as well as the IBO he won from Urango.
                      ​​​​

Comment

Working...
                      X