Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mandatory Challenger Sam Goodman Says He Has Seen Enough to Dethrone Nayoa Inoue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The X-factor for Goodman is going to be how he handles the power. He's certainly got the skill to land scoring punches, but I don't think he can drop Inoue. And he needs combos to outscore Monster, but he's going to get countered while doing so. Can he take that kind of power? I really doubt it.
    Last edited by crimsonfalcon07; 05-07-2024, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Goodman is slick and it’s a very interesting style matchup IMO. Goodman should fight the way people expected Fulton to.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
        The X-factor for Goodman is going to be how he handles the power. He's certainly got the skill to land scoring punches, but I don't think he can drop Inoue. And he needs combos to outscore Monster, but he's going to get countered while doing so. Can he take that kind of power? I really doubt it.
        He’s very skilled, but the 44% KO at 122 makes me think that once Inoue gets to him; he’s not going to be concerned about return fire in an exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          Goodman is slick and it’s a very interesting style matchup IMO. Goodman should fight the way people expected Fulton to.
          He'll fight like that until he gets hit clean for the first time. Then we'll see. Will he turn into a Butler at that point? I thought Tapales has done the best outside of Donaire 1 to date.

Donaire will be an easy first ballot HOF. And I don't know why people think he was faded. He had enough after their first fight to easily knock out an undefeated world champion 4 years his junior who had just beaten the current WBA world champion. What faded him IMO was getting absolutely starched in the rematch.

But will Spence be a first ballot HOF on the strength of being unified welterweight champ with 6 defenses, when Omar Narváez, two division world champion with 27 defenses wasn't?
          _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

He'll fight like that until he gets hit clean for the first time. Then we'll see. Will he turn into a Butler at that point? I thought Tapales has done the best outside of Donaire 1 to date.

Donaire will be an easy first ballot HOF. And I don't know why people think he was faded. He had enough after their first fight to easily knock out an undefeated world champion 4 years his junior who had just beaten the current WBA world champion. What faded him IMO was getting absolutely starched in the rematch.

But will Spence be a first ballot HOF on the strength of being unified welterweight champ with 6 defenses, when Omar Narváez, two division world champion with 27 defenses wasn't?
            People hate on the Donaire win because they don’t want Inoue as #1 so they just want to diminish his achievements. Tapales once he switched to the shell had great success defensively, and there’s a reason for that Imo. Stylistically the Philly shell’s main weakness is southpaw fighters. That’s why Toney/Jirov was such a great fking fight lol. Tapales used the Philly shell from the southpaw stance which I’ve never seen done in my life, and it was likely something Inoue had never faced either. The shell is hard enough to get through as an orthodox fighter, but facing it in a mirror would have most guys tentative of what comes back because they’d never faced it before.

Omar will be in the HOF. I have little doubt. Spence will be too, although if he wasn’t American he wouldn’t be.

Comment

GIven his age and the rest of the top guys currently in 122, even after Goodman loses to Inoue I can see him winning one of the belts that gets vacated in 2025 so good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

He’s very skilled, but the 44% KO at 122 makes me think that once Inoue gets to him; he’s not going to be concerned about return fire in an exchange.
                Yeah, all the KO's have come against pretty low tier fighters, and one apparently was from an elbow injury, which doesn't sound like a legit TKO from Sam TBH. I didn't see that one though. Maybe you have more information? The fights of his I've been able to watch definitely make it look like he's not got much power to speak of.

He's certainly got enough skill that I could see him becoming champ after Inoue moves up though.

Comment

He doesn't but he's Inoue's most deserving mandatory

Comment

inoue need to take a break... being this active will only backfire on him. he won;t have the same energy/determination since he fights so often.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Louie View Post

I like the 7 AM Eastern main event start times.
                      Frees up my evening to watch Fireball XL-5 and Thunderbirds.
                      Thunderbirds, fuck yea. Stingray too.
                      Left Hook Louie Left Hook Louie likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X