Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Just Big in Japan? Naoya Inoue Says No - He's the World's Best Boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Just Big in Japan? Naoya Inoue Says No - He's the World's Best Boxer

There's plenty of marvel and mystique around the man known as "The Monster." Naoya Inoue has been living up to his moniker in glorious fashion throughout his 12-year career, pulverizing every pugilist who has been placed in his path. The four-division champion has won undisputed honors at 118 pounds and is currently the junior featherweight king and reigning Fighter of the Year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Crawford can only dream of this universal recognition, the monster munched him

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
      Crawford can only dream of this universal recognition, the monster munched him
      speaking of munched, get off your knees.

Comment

We’ll see the numbers for this fight, who tunes in on a Monday at 7:35am ish. I think he’s only big in Japan and there’s nothing wrong with that. You can’t be big worldwide when for some countries you’re fighting on a Monday when everyone’s at work.

I’ll tune in and that’s what matters to me, I don’t care how big he is and where he’s the biggest. I enjoy his fights and will tune in but i’m sure not everyone can.
        pnut901 pnut901 No look hook Slip jab like this.

Comment

Originally posted by unbias_hater View Post

You are obviously a Crawford fan girl lol
          TonyRespectful TonyRespectful likes this.

Comment

Is 5 foot 5 and 122lbs big in Japan?

Maybe, but in most other places, that's tiny!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll
              Nothing wrong with Japan becoming another place where big boxing matches can be held.

It benefits the fighters in the sport, especially in the lower weight classes. Just ask Stephen Fulton, who would have had trouble filling a small arena in Philadelphia but got a fat paycheck for going to Tokyo.
              Ultimately, the opponents want the fights in Japan too. If Fulton dug his heels in and demanded the fight be in USA, it would have never happened.
              They would have fought in front of 500 people and made fk all. Americans don't care about lower weight classes, and there's no fighters in North America to really move that needle. Maybe a Figueroa fight at 126...But I suspect that would still do better money in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll

It’s not true that Americans don’t care about the lower weight classes, as they have before for Barrera and Morales and the Marquez brothers and Pacquiao and Nonito Donaire and Michael Carbajal.

But currently there is no one moving the needle in those divisions and that’s fine, it’s natural to have ebbs and flows. If Japan can become another Mecca of boxing it just means more money to go around for the boxers.
                Well, that's why I touched on "There's no fighters in NA to move the needle"

if 115-122 had guys like Barrera, Morales, Marquez, Vasquez, etc. etc. etc. that would be one thing. 122 has Nery and Aleem from North America. Neither have fans or a following. Both of them would want to fight in Japan over America IMO.

Even if/ he were to move to 126 tomorrow, Vargas is probably the least watched and most boring Mexican fighter of all time, nobody there really has fans that would pack a stadium either aside from Warringtons dirty ass.

Hell, most of the people who are saying "You have to come to America to prove yourself" don't realize that the big american names are all sitting and waiting for a Saudi phonecall.

Comment

Originally posted by unbias_hater View Post

Wow,you sound dumb with your ***ual innuendo

Comment

More we're the mecca of boxing Muuurica! Bullshido....once upon a time yes but no longer.
                    Without a dance partner & a stacked card Inoue won't fill sh#t in Muuurica & the casuals won't even notice. Recently Muuurica! Had allegedly the hardest punching heavyweight champion in history yet without the sasquatch brit he couldn't fill an arena & your talking about a tiny asian filling stadiums?? Pmsl.
                    Personally i have Inoue p4p as he fight's regularly against the best & he's an absolute superstar in Japan.

In Muuurica! From heavyweight down to middleweight name me all the super star boxers on top of they're division?

Muuurica! Fugg yeah!
                    pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X