Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson claimed he did Karate before Boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson claimed he did Karate before Boxing.

Said as much on his podcast.

I don't think Mike could afford classes but he apparently was a Massive Bruce Lee fan and did Karate. I always thought he was a pure boxer. He never wrestled (contrary to internet rumors).

He said he "absolutely" did Karate originally.

That's interesting considering how amazed Cus D'amato was of him...

You can't take anything Mike says seriously. He's an idiot, a liar, a drug addict, and he's brain damaged.

Maybe he did Karate, maybe he's so dumb he doesn't know the difference between Karate, Taekwondo, Wing Chun, Judo, and Muay Thai.
    CasperUK CasperUK likes this.

Comment

Every chance he was screeching, chopping and kicking in front of his tv screen. That's not really karate.

​​​​ Could be how he broke his back.
      CasperUK CasperUK likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
        Every chance he was screeching, chopping and kicking in front of his tv screen. That's not really karate.

​​​​ Could be how he broke his back.
        "When you get into a street fight, you really want to kick the guy"

/Mike Tyson on Howard Stern about beating Up Don King

Mike did stomp on Mitch Greens face

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
          You can't take anything Mike says seriously. He's an idiot, a liar, a drug addict, and he's brain damaged.

Maybe he did Karate, maybe he's so dumb he doesn't know the difference between Karate, Taekwondo, Wing Chun, Judo, and Muay Thai.
          He's a pothead these days and going on Joe Rogan doesn't help

Comment

Originally posted by automaton89 View Post
            Said as much on his podcast.

I don't think Mike could afford classes but he apparently was a Massive Bruce Lee fan and did Karate. I always thought he was a pure boxer. He never wrestled (contrary to internet rumors).

He said he "absolutely" did Karate originally.

That's interesting considering how amazed Cus D'amato was of him...
            Mike is only a few months younger than I am. When we were kids, karate/kung-fu was all the rage. Everybody wanted to be like Bruce Lee. Tyson may not have taken actual lessons, but he might’ve worked on kicks and martial arts-like motions back then. That may be all he meant. As you said, he probably couldn’t afford classes. But, really, what’s done in beginner karate classes doesn’t amount to much, so self-taught kicks would probably be just as effective as those learned in a dojo.

Comment

A lot of people want to emulate Bruce Lee during that time, not only Mike Tyson.

Comment

Your obsession with Mike is weird bro

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post

Your obsession with Mike is weird bro
                  Obsession? Because I call him ****** when he says and does ****** things? I've probably made less than 20 posts about the guy in the whole time I've been here.

Seems more like you're obsessed with defending him.

Comment

Obsession? Because I call him ****** when he says and does ****** things? I've probably made less than 20 posts about the guy in the whole time I've been here.

Seems more like you're obsessed with defending him.
                    No not at all. You get agitated every time his name is mentioned. I don't give a *** what he does outside my TV. I don't idolize him.
                    GrandpaBernard GrandpaBernard likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X