Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson claimed he did Karate before Boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLqClBSRzHh1F0sjcwvO--1--aglf9.jpg?tr=w-1600,c-at_max.jpg

its the karate kid himself
    IceTrayDaGang IceTrayDaGang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post

But, really, what’s done in beginner karate classes doesn’t amount to much, so self-taught kicks would probably be just as effective as those learned in a dojo.
      That's why Taekwondo was invented

Comment

Speaking of TaeKwondo

From a reddit poster

True story, I opened a TKD school in Santa Monica in 1993 and Leonard walked in and became one of my first students, he wanted to learn kicking (was never that great), but I boxed him a few times and have VHS tape of us sparring (I did OK, till he hooked me in the temple). The sweetest and most humble guy. One day Larry Merchant walked by the front of the school and saw me and Sugar ray training with his white belt. A true champ!!!!

Comment

Mike disrespecting Cus. Mike would’ve never amounted to anything if not for the endless drilling that Cus taught him.

Comment

Mike leaned on the Catskill boxing style (tm)

Comment

i believe him... karate at the time was a big thing... lots of blacks trained karate back in the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                You can't take anything Mike says seriously. He's an idiot, a liar, a drug addict, and he's brain damaged.

Maybe he did Karate, maybe he's so dumb he doesn't know the difference between Karate, Taekwondo, Wing Chun, Judo, and Muay Thai.
                I've seen Tyson at work many times and I was highly impressed.

I'd be curious to see you at work. You must do something pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

I've seen Tyson at work many times and I was highly impressed.

I'd be curious to see you at work. You must do something pretty awesome.
                  His job has nothing to do with his intelligence. It only takes 5 minutes of listening to Tyson talk to understand how deeply, deeply ****** he is. But that has nothing to do with his boxing career or his post-boxing media career.

Comment

Working...
                  X