No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez vs Jamie Munguia - Amazon/DAZN PPV - Fight by Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joseph View Post

Not what I saw, but just my opinion. Canelo was blocking nearly everything Munguia threw at him and in return landed the cleaner shots. I'll give Munguia workrate but he was sloppy.
    He was munguia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regge View Post

Yup plant folds when it gets tough munguia workrate and power would overwhelm plant and Pacheco is so unproven he looked horrible hid last fight.
      Maybe right on plant, but I def agree about Pacheco.

Defensive holes or not, Munguia still charged for 12 rounds like an angry bull, and I think it's a big job to stop that guy.
      Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post

I think plant would give him a lot of trouble, he is faster and a better boxer.
        And that's the classic matchup. Boxer vs puncher. Can Plant avoid the power for 10 rounds? If he can't Munguia has a good shot at wearing him down. When's the last time Plant even fought? That might be a good fight.

How about v Morrell? He's still smw, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll

I disagree that he has hit his ceiling.

Munguia is only 27. He has had just two training camps under Roach, with a few more plus the experience he gained last night he should only get better. And people will be interested in seeing him again after he gave a good account of himself on a big stage.
          You might be right, I still think if he hasn't hit his ceiling, he's very close to it. The guy has over 40 fights if I remember correctly, facing mostly 2nd tier fighters and when he did faced a first tier kind of fighter he struggled mightily and Deryavachenko was past his prime. He may look good against a ryder type of fighter, but not against a young world class fighter, he got no chance against Morrell Jr neither benavidez. He's a face first fighter and I see another beating in his resume if he face one of those guys, he has balls and can punch a bit, that's all. Then again I'd love for the kid to improve and prove me wrong because he's a good kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll

I think he could beat Mbilli for example. Who is a young world class fighter.
            That fight would tell where both stand.

Comment

• Nelo legs dont move like they used to he is getting hit way more often and flush as well not sure how much longer he can keep defending his titles for.

He has ~3 MAYBE 4 fights left max in him.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

You really believe Canelo carried Munguia? That’s not what I saw. I saw a very old Canelo taking time off when ever he could, and also cautious about Munguia’s power.

That’s BS that he carried him. Dude when a boxer predicts a KO, and with DLH talking the way he did, you don’t carry your opponent. Canelo tried and failed to KO Munguia. Clear as day actually. Like anyone with two eyes can see that he tired. He just couldn’t do it.
                Eh, let's split the difference. Canelo generally always had stamina issues. There were few times in his career his movement and stamina were not an issue, GGG 2 fight being the best example. Before that, his reputation was for having stamina issues. Now, he's looking the same.

He didn't "carry" him. But he sure as hell didn't try to knock him out. Only he knocked him down, he knew it would take an absolute miracle for him to lose on the cards. He shelled, and landed few absolute bombs each round. If Canelo had a legit opponent in front of him, he wouldn't have fought as lazy as he did.

Btw, "old Canelo" comments (not just yours) are absolutely hilarious. Dude's 33. Yeah, he started early, but so did everyone else. This is not an "old Canelo". This is a lazy, taking no risks, cash cow Canelo. Folks gotta stop making excuses for his ducking.
                Last edited by j0zef; 05-05-2024, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X