No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez vs Jamie Munguia - Amazon/DAZN PPV - Fight by Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by james240 View Post

Nelo landed 50% of his power shots that is a absurd percentage Munguia is one tough bastard going the distance.
    Munguia proved himself tonight he was supposed to get ran over but he gave canelo a helluva fight.

Munguia beats anyone at 68 not named Canelo and Benavidez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regge View Post

Munguia proved himself tonight he was supposed to get ran over but he gave canelo a helluva fight.

You think Mungia beats Plant? lol I doubt he even beats pachecho, or about 5 other fighters, hes really not that good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

You think Mungia beats Plant? lol I doubt he even beats pachecho, or about 5 other fighters, hes really not that good.
        Yup plant folds when it gets tough munguia workrate and power would overwhelm plant and Pacheco is so unproven he looked horrible hid last fight.
        BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Yup plant folds when it gets tough munguia workrate and power would overwhelm plant and Pacheco is so unproven he looked horrible hid last fight.
          he didnt fold vs benavidez. Mungia has looked horrible in about 10 fights. he went life and death with a 37 year old inactive small mw who moved upto 168.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

he didnt fold vs benavidez. Mungia has looked horrible in about 10 fights. he went life and death with a 37 year old inactive small mw who moved upto 168.
            Uhhh he pretty much folded because he had to resort to some extreme holding that would have made Haney proud and had it not been for the corrupt ref he would have been stopped.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll

He has looked terrific in his last 2 fights with Freddie Roach.
              He has looked better, although I think he reached his ceiling

Comment

Uhhh he pretty much folded because he had to resort to some extreme holding that would have made Haney proud and had it not been for the corrupt ref he would have been stopped.
                I think plant would give him a lot of trouble, he is faster and a better boxer.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Smfh.

Dude is clearly older, he had 65 pro fights at 33. That’s a ton of fights.

Listen to a professional boxer Shawn Porter just now. He just said Canelo is an old 33 and is closer to 40 in boxing years.

What is Canelo in his prime? Lol dude is old plain and simple.
                  He has always fought that way, that's his pace, and nothing wrong with that, but the guy is not old, maybe 50 years ago yes.

Comment

He wouldn't beat Morrell jr, he would get Ko before the 8th round and would have a hard time with mbilli and Iglesias. The guy is a face-first fighter, tailor-made for canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joseph View Post

Not what I saw, but just my opinion. Canelo was blocking nearly everything Munguia threw at him and in return landed the cleaner shots. I'll give Munguia workrate but he was sloppy.
                      He was munguia.

Comment

Working...
                      X