Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paulie Malignaggi: 'I Think Ryan Garcia Cheated'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its highly speculative from what I've heard to suggest Ryan knowingly took these banned substances. So he may or may not have cheated. And its likely we will never know 100% if he did or not knowingly take these substances BUT the rules are if you get caught with a banned substance in your system its ultimately your responsibility. So things should shake out accordingly from there with the result changed to a NC, a fine &/or suspension.
    billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MesicoFistology View Post

Sherlock has actually been talking about steroids in boxing and doping since over a decade ago.
      That went way over your head didn't it.

The quote was with reference to the click bait title.

So here you go...

No **** Sherlock

VULGAR SLANG
      said humorously to express the view that someone is stating something that is completely obvious.​
      DClefthook DClefthook likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Its highly speculative from what I've heard to suggest Ryan knowingly took these banned substances. So he may or may not have cheated. And its likely we will never know 100% if he did or not knowingly take these substances BUT the rules are if you get caught with a banned substance in your system its ultimately your responsibility. So things should shake out accordingly from there with the result changed to a NC, a fine &/or suspension.
        No matter what happens next. Not even the lord can take that beating back.
        smith3536 smith3536 likes this.

Comment

"I think he cheated" uhh, he did cheat. There's no gray area here. When you show up 3 lbs over deliberately, and then get popped for two drug tests, even if it was due to a contaminated substance, you cheated. Period.

This push to try and salvage Ryan's image is coming from the conspiracy-addled morons.
          Last edited by TheCell8; 05-04-2024, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

No matter what happens next. Not even the lord can take that beating back.
            Sad.....but also true!

Comment

Paulie Malignaggi: I couldn't agree with you more, the question becomes how do we fix it? In order to control the penalties have to be far greater if not we'll continue to see the Dillan Whyte, Jerrell Miller's and others and now cryin Ryan. If this isn't addressed sooner rather than later I will personally go out my way to make sure others don't support the sport and I have been around over 40+ years as a fighter, fan and personal trainer but this has become sad and bad for a sport many of us love.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Joad View Post

And vice versa I'm sure, difference being I am probably far more intelligent than you are and I can articulate my worldview, tho endeavoring to do so with *boxing fans* does not really appeal to me.
                So you're very intelligent response to a point raised, is... Just assume I'm speaking truthfully, about my supposed intelligence. Assume this despite the fact of how much my rejoinder appears to lack context regarding the point at hand.

​​I happen to be more intelligent than you making your point beneath me. Not even going to ask how being a boxing fan has anything to do with anything though I suspect it can't be much better than this first point lol.

There's really nothing very intelligent about that response.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  When we talk about drawing a conclusion, this situation is a perfect hermeneutic demonstrating how truth can often have a subjective quality.

Legally, Ryan is not guilty yet. According to the procedures and understanding of how drug testing works he is guilty. Just interesting situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Joad View Post

Based on what, what the talking head with the $2,000 suit and ****-eating grin told you on your tv?

I respected Malignaggi as a tv commentator based upon him being the only one on the tv who called out Wilder for the blatant in your face cheating - the guy dressed up as a ring doctor stopping the action in round 8 when Wilder was on ***** street and about to go down - in the first Ortiz-Wilder fight, but this negates that. But I'd like to ask him, you make this assertion based on what?
                    He made it based on the fact that the dude tested dirty. Ostarine and 19-Nandrosterone. He then missed weight intentionally. A betting man would say he gave himself all the advantages to win.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post

Based on the test results from VADA. I wanted Ryan to win , but I'm not going to lie to myself about some insane conspiracy against him. He cheated and he got caught , ****** him. He didn't want to do the hard work of getting ready for the fight the right way. It's a real shame too because if he had done it the right way , he would have still beaten Haney and not tarnished his reputation. I'm really disappointed , Ryan coming back from the Tank loss and quieting the haters would have been a great boxing redemption story. Now it's meaningless. A black mark on Garcias character and another stain on boxing on the rare occasion these days that it hits the mainstream press.
                      Excellent post and spot on!
                      pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X