Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Dubois Aims to Go Through Hrgovic Like 'a Hot Knife Through Butter'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think ddd can win. I mean he's fought joyce, usyk, jarrell. Flip has been coasting. Maybe this will be flips time to show us what he can do, or maybe hes a deer in headlights?
    But I'm not sure ddd has recovered from knee injury? His punch power don't seem as spiteful anymore
    Last edited by hugh grant; 05-03-2024, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

He probably will to be honest.

Dubois specialty is bashing up Americans with big mouths, Hrgovic not being American gives him a good chance
      If he was American he would have no chance ?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxviewer View Post

DDD doesn't have the chin and heart or boxing skills to beat Hrgovic. BTW, it's DDD who brought up their sparring in the past. It's kind of sign of insecurity on DDD's part. He either quit or gets knocked out.
        Yes I agree - ALTHOUGH who has Hrgovic fought? You got Zhang and no-one else. Why is his record so poor? Demsey McKean, Mark de Mori his last 2 fights? C'mon! He might be the worst "good fighter" out there based on opposition. Duobis at least has the excuse of the Joyce loss and the need to rebuild for some poor guys on his. Hrgovic has zero excuse!

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano
          cool.

I don't get why Fil has such adamant fans. He ain't done **** either. Two giant slow jabronis just standing there trading a couple punches a minute means anyone can win at any time and the worst and best of them are separated by tiny margins.

Basically, since both jabroni is a whole lotta sucks at boxing I don't see a reason to favor anyone outside of triangle bull.
          For being 32 years old, which let's be honest is entering "veteran" territory, Hrgovic sure hasn't done anything. He's really not much younger than AJ who has had a long career at championship level and is openly talking about this being his last couple of years in the sport.

He fits the bill though, Tall, White, Eastern Euro sounding name, did pretty well as an amateur, scary looking face.

That's enough to get a lot of people super excited.

I'm different about it, Hrgovic age, lack of good opposition and some things I've seen from him in the ring that remind me of the worst of Andrew Golota, I certainly don't see him as "the future"

He's an interesting wildcard in the heavyweights but I don't see a lot more than that.

He ought to beat Dubois, let's be honest Dubois is terrible, he's jacked twice and the quit job against Usyk was nigh on unforgivable, also Kevin Larena almost accidentally knocked him out so had to stop throwing punches. If Hrgovic does lose to Dubois then his career is over imo.

Last edited by Atypicalbrit; 05-03-2024, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post

Yes I agree - ALTHOUGH who has Hrgovic fought? You got Zhang and no-one else. Why is his record so poor? Demsey McKean, Mark de Mori his last 2 fights? C'mon! He might be the worst "good fighter" out there based on opposition. Duobis at least has the excuse of the Joyce loss and the need to rebuild for some poor guys on his. Hrgovic has zero excuse!
            Well if Hrgovic was Brit or Yankee he would fought much better oponents. Also you forget that for 3 years no one wanted to fight him. Only ZZ and McKean accepted because no one wanted to fight them to. They needed to make step up and bcs of that they fought Hrgovic. Lets be fair about the facts.
            Last edited by James; 05-03-2024, 08:37 AM.

Comment

The issue with Hergovic is that he has such a robot style. He constantly looks like he’s run a marathon. Terrible footwork and lateral movement. If Dubois can jut box, throw simple combos and reset, he has a chance.. Dubois on the other hand seems to lose focus in fights. I’m picking the Robot by split decision.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                The only reason DDD is getting all these chances is he is British.
                No, the only reason is that he’s with Warren who like Hearn is cleaning Turkies pockets dry. So you must believe that a decision goes to Dubois because Hergovic left Matchroom, so he doesn’t have Eddie to scam for him. Warren and Hearn, former bitter enemies, are BFF’s now that they have Turkie as their lap dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Phase III View Post
                  The issue with Hergovic is that he has such a robot style. He constantly looks like he’s run a marathon. Terrible footwork and lateral movement. If Dubois can jut box, throw simple combos and reset, he has a chance.. Dubois on the other hand seems to lose focus in fights. I’m picking the Robot by split decision.
                  Hrgovic is way better that you think. And now he will be motivated bcs it will be for IBF title match.
                  Last edited by James; 05-03-2024, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post

Well..Hrgovic is not a Brit. In the last years Ruiz, Hunter, Parker to name a few all refused to fight him . East Euro guys always struggle to get good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

For being 32 years old, which let's be honest is entering "veteran" territory, Hrgovic sure hasn't done anything. He's really not much younger than AJ who has had a long career at championship level and is openly talking about this being his last couple of years in the sport.

He fits the bill though, Tall, White, Eastern Euro sounding name, did pretty well as an amateur, scary looking face.

That's enough to get a lot of people super excited.

I'm different about it, Hrgovic age, lack of good opposition and some things I've seen from him in the ring that remind me of the worst of Andrew Golota, I certainly don't see him as "the future"

He's an interesting wildcard in the heavyweights but I don't see a lot more than that.

He ought to beat Dubois, let's be honest Dubois is terrible, he's jacked twice and the quit job against Usyk was nigh on unforgivable, also Kevin Larena almost accidentally knocked him out so had to stop throwing punches. If Hrgovic does lose to Dubois then his career is over imo.
                      At 32 years old, you're definitely not a veteran as a heavyweight unless you turned pro young or you've been in a lot of wars. Hrgovic turned pro at 25 I believe and has had one tough fight in Zhang. I don't think that really qualifies him as a veteran. Most lighter weight fighters are in their prime still at 32. Heavyweights typically have a much longer shelf life.
                      Other than that, I think you make some good points.

Comment

Working...
                      X