Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy President Feels Strongly That Jaime Munguia Will Upset Canelo Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo's defense likely is going to let far fewer shots in compared to the other guys he has fought
    Bornboxingfan Bornboxingfan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JonDP View Post

Just make sure you’re back here with your ‘reasonings’ after Canelo uses Munguia as a literal towel to wipe the floor with. Let yourself go and let the back tracking roll.
      I’m not one to backtrack or hide if i’m wrong. Besides, i’m saying this will be a very tough fight, a very good fight, and very competitive and hard for Canelo. Not that Munguia will win, but I won’t be at all surprised if he does.

Canelo is my favorite current fighter. But like when he chose to fight Bivol and people were saying it was going to be easy, I was saying it was a fight he could very well lose.

I feel the same way about Munguia. This is a fight that will be tougher than expected and could end up being close or even a loss. And it will definitely go to the scorecards. Munguia has to be aware of Canelo’s power for like 8 rounds, after that Canelo will start to fade and that’s where Munguia will play catch-up.

If Canelo KO’s him or even beats him by wide decision, i’d be very surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
        Do trainers or promoters ever think their guy is going to lose ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
        first time, saw it with oscar during tank vs garcia..

Comment

Munguia will make a strong showing, but eventually be worn down, at the final bell

Comment

It depends how well Munguia takes Canelo's shots.

If Munguia can eat his shots and never gets knocked down over 12, we know he has a higher work rate than canelo, he could be up on the cards, I could see canelo getting another controversial win and people saying Jamie was robbed.

Canelo is basically betting his power and counters can slow down Munguiaand/or stop him. It probably will work because munguia isnt a natural 168 pounder, he moved up, that is one of the many reasons Canelo picked him over david.

David also has very quick hands for his size and deceptively good defense and a chin, I dont think canelo could hurt him or control the pace/style of fight. I think david would do whatever he wants.

Comment

Canelo will get outworked by Jaime.. another major win on deck for GBP

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                A lot of fans aren’t taking the following points into account:

1. Canelo’s wear and tear, injuries, amount of fights
                2. What Canelo looked like in his fight against an old GGG
                3. Canelo’s last fight was against a 154lb champion coming up in weight. He couldn’t KO him.
                4. Canelo’s career-long stamina issues coupled with his age
                5. Bringing up Munguia fights from 4+ years ago is a bad look for a boxing fan, considering Munguia was 21-24 years old and has improved.
                6. Munguia is now 27 and in his prime, energetic for 12 rounds, hits hard, he’s a big kid and has a great chin. If you think Canelo is going to KO him while having gone the distance in his last 4 fights, you’re an even bigger Canelo fan than me.

A lot of good fighters barely beat Derevyanchenko.

GGG, Jacobs, Adames. I had him handily beating GGG.

Jermall was the only fighter who clearly beat him.

Munguia stopped O’Sullivan.
                Can Mungia's chin handle Canelo's power? He never face someone with that kind of Power.

Comment

munguia will upset canelo? never, hes had to lick his ass for 2 years to get the fight in the first place

one wrong word of disrespect & the fight was out the window plus he had to work extra hard with canelo no mexican policy

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
                    It depends how well Munguia takes Canelo's shots.

If Munguia can eat his shots and never gets knocked down over 12, we know he has a higher work rate than canelo, he could be up on the cards, I could see canelo getting another controversial win and people saying Jamie was robbed.

Canelo is basically betting his power and counters can slow down Munguiaand/or stop him. It probably will work because munguia isnt a natural 168 pounder, he moved up, that is one of the many reasons Canelo picked him over david.

David also has very quick hands for his size and deceptively good defense and a chin, I dont think canelo could hurt him or control the pace/style of fight. I think david would do whatever he wants.
                    Saying Munguía isn’t a natural 168 pounder is like saying Canelo is. Munguia is 6’ tall and probably every bit of a natural 168 pounder as he probably would easily tip the scales and make LHW. I guarantee the natural weight for this kid puts him at LHW. On the other side Canelo is 5’8”. Canelo is bulky. However his natural fighting weight I’ve always thought was Middleweight. He too had to “move up.” You choose weights as a talking point to support your argument and then you bring David into this discussion. David should have been Cruiserweight years ago. His height and frame supports that weight naturally. This is why the kid was over 200 pounds in his earlier years.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

David should have been Cruiserweight years ago. His height and frame supports that weight naturally. This is why the kid was over 200 pounds in his earlier years.
                      But benny looks fine at weighins for example, not drawn and skinny, hes got a bit of weight on

not like haney for example at his weighins

Comment

Working...
                      X