Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy President Feels Strongly That Jaime Munguia Will Upset Canelo Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golden Boy President Feels Strongly That Jaime Munguia Will Upset Canelo Alvarez

Super middleweight Jaime Munguia is looking to continue a strong, and sometimes under-appreciated, run as a pro. Munguia (43-0, 34 KOs) will face Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (60-2-2, 39 KOs) on Saturday at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If he does, then Benavidez vs Munguia becomes a potential mega-fight.

Comment

Do trainers or promoters ever think their guy is going to lose ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

"taken little punishment"

​​​​​​However I will bet on a draw, munguia looks much better at 168.
        SUBZER0ED SUBZER0ED likes this.

Comment

I feel strongly that this will be the war of the body. Whoever gets the best body work in will have the edge. That said, Canelo always has the edge on the cards because of how pretty his shots look. I still believe that was why he succeeded on the cards vs GGG.
          landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JeBron Lamez View Post
            If he does, then Benavidez vs Munguia becomes a potential mega-fight.
            Wishful thinking. This kid barely beat spike o Sullivan and Sergei dervychenko this a showcase fight for canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

Wishful thinking. This kid barely beat spike o Sullivan and Sergei dervychenko this a showcase fight for canelo.
              Personally not wishing for it myself but you know business.

You're absolutely right though, Munguia's mid & Canelo appears to be taking his lap of honour (lol) which does indeed make it a huge "if".​

Comment

Oscar can think as strongly as he want's that Munguia is going to defeat Canelo, that doesn't mean that it's going to happen.
                That said I would love to see Munguia knock Canelo off of his high horse, his I can do whatever I want makes a lot of fans despise him.
                There's a reason that their isn't a king in this country or his, it's because they also have that I can do whatever I want attitude.
                So when they announce that a fighter is the king of their division, pound for pound, of the world, it's just a figure of speech.
                It doesn't mean you run a country, the world, or boxing for that matter, it just means that your the best in the division, or pound for pound in the world.
                It doesn't mean that you can do whatever you want, that's why they have rules, and regulations that all of the fighters in combat sports must follow.
                Anyway the man that really does think that he's a king, will be beaten/dethroned within his next few fight's.
                When that does happen we'll all see how fast, and how many boxing fans hail his conqueror, for ending his arrogant reign.
                Last edited by Boricua181; 04-29-2024, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Golden Boy just trying to sell this thing. Munguia has very little chance.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

Canelo v Angulo part II

Comment

Working...
                    X