Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Get It in Writing? Errol Spence-Derrick James Lawsuits Stir Fighter-Trainer Debate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Get It in Writing? Errol Spence-Derrick James Lawsuits Stir Fighter-Trainer Debate

[Click Here To Read More]

James accepted amounts previously paid with no complaints until now
    that Spence looking for change. The Micky Garcia was several years ago,
    why didn't James complain back then.

Comment

Not having written contracts is Bush League, and the practice makes boxing look as such.

You have multi-million dollar fights with some of the key laborers (trainers) working without a contract. Thats asinine
      pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Trainers typically get 10% of the fighters "purse". Anything that appears on that bout contract, including PPV upside earnings, are a part of that purse. Spence is trying to be slick and say the "purse" really is just the contract minimum. Spence should have shifted to a "flat fee" scenario the first time he went to PPV.

Its funny though when GGG decided to go to flat-fee with Abel Sanchez, all the PBC nuthuggers called him cheap, claimed he was trying to shortchange Sanchez, etc etc. Now those same cats are saying James is trying to rip off spence LOL
        Last edited by OnePunch; 04-28-2024, 12:13 AM.

Comment

The fighter needs to to remember the importance of a trainer , but the trainer needs to remember who is putting his life on the line , with out a writen agreement , forget it!

Comment

Verbal contracts need witnesses…
            get your chit in writing

I am tired of trusting people..

just learn to take a loss if it doesn’t cost too much….

Comment

Recruiters love placing me …. Their company gets paid and I get to flirt with young hot recruiters..

I will never make money like boxers or trainers, but I think they bring intangible assets..
              pay a man what he’s worth …..

Spence needs to pay but as a poster above said… flat fee.

i don’t like flat fee pay…. I like performance based compensation.

Comment

Golovkin WAS being cheap when he did it to Abel Sanchez. And Spence is trying to shortchange Derrick James now too, even admitting in the text message that he wanted to make it right and send extra. Until “someone named Al” started whispering in his ear.

But let this be a lesson to all other trainers out there. It’s definitely best to get it in writing from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

But let this be a lesson to all other trainers out there. It’s definitely best to get it in writing from here on out.
                  It's a lesson to both parties really.

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo7 View Post

It's a lesson to both parties really.
                    True true. It’s a lesson for both trainers and fighters.

And for all business in general really. Have signed paperwork to avoid any weaseling and backsliding and reneging later.

Comment

Working...
                    X