Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paulie Malignaggi's Picks: Haney Unlikely to Return to P4P Lists After Exposure by Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pretty boy_ View Post

Mods can we bring back the red k function please? The fact this guy has Haney's swollen face as his sig pic knowing he was cheated on the scales 3 pounds is just low class. He deserves to be negged.
    I liked your post because you sound like such a big butt-hurt p ssy that it actually made me laugh. Thanks.
    letsgochump letsgochump likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Every single one of those guys were cherrypicked. Two of them were cherrypicks gone wrong (Loma and Garcia).

Linares was also a cherrypick that almost went wrong but he hugged for 3 rounds to survive it.

He came in 25lbs higher than the limit vs Prograis just to UD him.
      You can’t name many fighters with a better resume than Haney in their last four fights.

Cherrypick? Devin wanted to fight Lomachenko much earlier but you said he didn’t deserve it back then when you were calling him email champ. So you’ve been hating on the guy for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

You can’t name many fighters with a better resume than Haney in their last four fights.

Cherrypick? Devin wanted to fight Lomachenko much earlier but you said he didn’t deserve it back then when you were calling him email champ. So you’ve been hating on the guy for a long time.

Yeah I have, pretty much since he became the WBC email champion at 135. And you’ve been defending him since that time.

Can’t name many fighters, what do you mean by that? There’s a lot of fighters with a better 4-fight resume than that. Especially one’s where they actually won all 4 times.

It sounds like you’re overly impressed by Haney and you’re now fighting an uphill battle. You go ahead and die on that hill. But it’s a sad one.

Comment

Yeah I have, pretty much since he became the WBC email champion at 135. And you’ve been defending him since that time.

Can’t name many fighters, what do you mean by that? There’s a lot of fighters with a better 4-fight resume than that. Especially one’s where they actually won all 4 times.

It sounds like you’re overly impressed by Haney and you’re now fighting an uphill battle. You go ahead and die on that hill. But it’s a sad one.
          Ok, then name some. What fighters have had a better resume over their last four fights than Haney?

Comment

Ok, then name some. What fighters have had a better resume over their last four fights than Haney?
            For what? What will that do for this discussion? What are you going to say once I do that? Disagree? It’s pointless. Why do I have to name some for you? Are you not a boxing fan? Do you not watch boxing and know which fighters have great fights in their last 4? But here.

Usyk
            Inoue
            Canelo
            Fury
            Beterbiev
            Tank
            Parker
            Crawford
            Bivol

​​​​​​​Go on, continue with this pointless argument.
            letsgochump letsgochump likes this.

Comment

Haney never belonged in the p4p lists. He got a gift win against Lomachenko and yet he was crying during the breaks. He hugged Linares to retirement and he hugged Garcia like he was his grandkid. Beating George Kambozo isn’t the legendary W ppl seem to think.

Ever since the chicken dance against Linares Haney was a porcelain piggy ready to be dropped. And now he did even with the ref trying help him the best he could.

Pillow fists and glass jaw are not a good combination in fight sports.

Comment

Haney took a risk and lost, so what? If he learns from his mistakes and makes adjustments he can come back better than before.

No need to write him off and say he can’t return to the P4P list.
                Yeah, not personally a fan of Haney, but giving credit where due he is by far the most active boxer from around that weight group and certainly the only one that is willing to actually do something worth mentioning which alone deserves some praise given how low some of these guys have gone.

In the past full year:
                • Devin Haney age 25 fought three times against Loma, Prograis, and Garcia. Sure the Loma match result was not exactly without controversy and he lost to Garcia, but the point is he actually bothered to fight three guys that are/were all considered around the top 5 of their weight class at the time.
                • Teofimo Lopez age 26 fought against Josh Taylor and Jermaine Ortiz.
                • Shakur Stevenson age 26 fought once against that infamous DLR match, then had his retirement and then his return that no one really cared.
                • Tank "fan proclaimed face of boxing lol" Davis age 29 fought ZERO times (technically his last fight against Garcia was on April 22 2023).
                Don't know if Haney gets back to P4P or not, but I am quite confident that at the least he will continue to be fighting which is not something you can say for some of the others.
                pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Cryin Ryan is in his zone now, I mean right now..

in a week of mad drinking he will wand to fight everyone..

Gotta give it to him

chicks like his looks

Comment

For what? What will that do for this discussion? What are you going to say once I do that? Disagree? It’s pointless. Why do I have to name some for you? Are you not a boxing fan? Do you not watch boxing and know which fighters have great fights in their last 4? But here.

Usyk
                    Inoue
                    Canelo
                    Fury
                    Beterbiev
                    Tank
                    Parker
                    Crawford
                    Bivol

​​​​​​​Go on, continue with this pointless argument.
                    Usyk no. Because Chisora and Dubois.
                    Inoue yes.
                    Canelo no. Because John Ryder,
                    Fury no. Because Ngannou, Chisora, and Whyte,
                    Beterbiev no. Because Smith, Yard, Smith Jr, and Browne.
                    Tank no. Because Hector Garcia and Rolly.
                    Parker no. Because Simon Kean and Faiga Opelu.
                    Crawford no. Because Avanesyan and Brook.
                    Bivol no. Because Arthur and Salamov.

So basically you’re shi-tting on Haney, a guy that has taken on more risky opponents in his last 4 fights than any other major fighter or P4P guy outside of maybe Inoue. Just because he finally took an L.

I don’t know why you’d rather see guys nurse and protect a phony 0 instead. Aren’t you a boxing fan?

Comment

I agree he shouldn't have been on the list to begin with but he's young. He could improve. I wouldn't write him off yet. Everybody was writing Garcia off and look what happened...
                      Last edited by Apollo7; 04-28-2024, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X