Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis: Devin Haney's Perfect Record Was Everything to Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
    Haney has been beating smaller guys for years. Got clearly beaten by Loma, corrupt cards. Is scared to sit down on a punch for fear of getting caught. Is considered by basically everyone as one of the most boring fighters in the sport. Yet he and his dad delusionally talk about him being the best fighter in the world.

Haney is now blaming the loss on the weight. He got paid 1.5 million. Him and Garcia both rehydrated 10+ pounds, there was no size advantage in the ring.

The Haney's are just clowns. Devin, learn to sit on a punch. Fight at your natural weight, which at this point is at least 147.
    I've never heard him say that! So far, all I have heard him say is that he would like for Garcia to give an opportunity like he gave him an opportunity. In other words; He said he just want to run it back with him. Which is only fair. As a boxing fan I would just love to see those two have a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      I've never heard him say that! So far, all I have heard him say is that he would like for Garcia to give an opportunity like he gave him an opportunity. In other words; He said he just want to run it back with him. Which is only fair. As a boxing fan I would just love to see those two have a rematch.
      https://www.************.com/2024/04...agreed-weight/

Comment

"Sho Yo' Right"! Perhaps, with this loss; Other fighters might be willing to take a chance to fight him now like Teofimo Lopez
        Great fight. I used to say Haney but after the Ryan fight, I changed my mind. It ain't gonna matter how much Devin tries to outbox Teo, once he get cracked, them legs gonna be gone. Ryan hit Devin with counters all night, and although Teo not as powerful as Ryan, he's still a better counterpuncher.

I got Teo either hurting Dev to a UD or stopping him

Comment

Wasn’t long ago was about Ryan losing the tank things quickly change

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            The only people who compared Haney to Floyd were complete morons.
            I never understood that either. I was never a fan of Money Mayweather but I wasn't so bias that I couldn't acknowledge his incredible boxing ability and defensive prowess.

Comment

I agree. That's too much pressure to put on any young fighter. They tried to do the exact very same thing with Adrien Broner and we've all seen how that turned out.

There will always be only one Money Mayweather. Haney should be just fine. He has a good head on his shoulders and not to mention a great support team backing him.

One loss or victory should not define a fighter's entire career.
              As you probably know, I never rated Haney that highly. I made a thread years back saying I saw nothing special in him. He’s a long, athletic guy with good feet and good hand speed but his technique isn’t good at all, I always found it funny some guys saw him as some master boxer. He’s also far too easy to hit once you get in range and his chin seems questionable too- definitely has toughness though, I was impressed with how he survived even if he was holding.

I think he could really benefit from getting away from his egocentric clown of a father. I don’t rate him as a coach and I don’t think his schtick is in anyway beneficial for Devin either, it’s like he wants to be the stat rather than Devin. He reminds me of that idiot Ken Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post

I never understood that either. I was never a fan of Money Mayweather but I wasn't so bias that I couldn't acknowledge his incredible boxing ability and defensive prowess.
                Exactly, levels and levels and levels between them.

Feels like any young black boxer from 130-147 gets labelled the next Mayweather. We’ve had Broner, Tank, Haney etc.

Comment

I agree with Prograis here. With the jewellery etc, Haney liked to pretend he was a dorky version of Mayweather. Haney's purses are going to plummet to the market value of non-elite fighter now that the O is gone
                  99problemz 99problemz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 99problemz View Post

Great fight. I used to say Haney but after the Ryan fight, I changed my mind. It ain't gonna matter how much Devin tries to outbox Teo, once he get cracked, them legs gonna be gone. Ryan hit Devin with counters all night, and although Teo not as powerful as Ryan, he's still a better counterpuncher.

I got Teo either hurting Dev to a UD or stopping him
                    I agree. If Devin fight like he did the other night against Ryan Garcia then Teofimo Lopez would crush him.

I still believe something was off about Haney that night. He just didn’t look like the same fighter as he had in previous fights.

We’ve never seen him get hit as much in the Garcia fight than in any other fight. There was no defense or upper body movement present by him at all.

99problemz 99problemz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

As you probably know, I never rated Haney that highly. I made a thread years back saying I saw nothing special in him. He’s a long, athletic guy with good feet and good hand speed but his technique isn’t good at all, I always found it funny some guys saw him as some master boxer. He’s also far too easy to hit once you get in range and his chin seems questionable too- definitely has toughness though, I was impressed with how he survived even if he was holding.

I think he could really benefit from getting away from his egocentric clown of a father. I don’t rate him as a coach and I don’t think his schtick is in anyway beneficial for Devin either, it’s like he wants to be the stat rather than Devin. He reminds me of that idiot Ken Porter.
                      I agree chief! Good post!

Comment

Working...
                      X