Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis: Devin Haney's Perfect Record Was Everything to Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While all that may be true,
    Regis is still a hater and needs just work on his craft.
    He just wished he could campaign for a rematch.
    His best bet is a vacant belt when Haney moves up.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      While I respect Prograis’ opinion; I am going to have to humbly disagree with it. Devin took on all comers and took more risks than any other fighter in boxing.

He fought Kambosos 2x on his home soil; Loma, Prograis and now Ryan Garcia in order to get what he wanted. That hardly sounds like a fighter who is trying to protect their undefeated record.

He just didn’t sit back to pick and choose in order to Pad his record and to protect his 0.
      Indeed, Haney has been looking for smoke. It could have been real easy to sit back and have Eddie pay him handsomely to defend his belt against no-hoppers.

Comment

what is that some sort of facial pout

Comment

Most fighters face this situation ' it's how you come back that really matters..

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            The only people who compared Haney to Floyd were complete morons.
            I agree. That's too much pressure to put on any young fighter. They tried to do the exact very same thing with Adrien Broner and we've all seen how that turned out.

There will always be only one Money Mayweather. Haney should be just fine. He has a good head on his shoulders and not to mention a great support team backing him.

One loss or victory should not define a fighter's entire career.
            mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

i dont think haney will be the same,when you don't really have a chin,when you don't take punches well,and we saw it with linares and somewhat with lomachenko,now with garcia,,it takes a toll on you,now fighters will go in there with for confidence than ever that they can beat him,even if haney wins,they will keep landing and thats going to be his downfall

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post

Indeed, Haney has been looking for smoke. It could have been real easy to sit back and have Eddie pay him handsomely to defend his belt against no-hoppers.
                "Sho Yo' Right"! Perhaps, with this loss; Other fighters might be willing to take a chance to fight him now like Teofimo Lopez
                99problemz 99problemz mgame mgame like this.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                  i dont think haney will be the same,when you don't really have a chin,when you don't take punches well,and we saw it with linares and somewhat with lomachenko,now with garcia,,it takes a toll on you,now fighters will go in there with for confidence than ever that they can beat him,even if haney wins,they will keep landing and thats going to be his downfall
                  There's an easy remedy for that and it is called defense. I don't know why he came out flat-footed by squaring up against Ryan Garcia from the opening bell.

His timing appeared very off to me. He was getting hit with punches he normally never get hits with. He should have been constantly moving on his bicycle while moving his head.

I hope this was just one bad day at the office rather than something much more sinister like being prematurely ruined. Along with stamina; A fighter's hand to eye coordination and reflexes are to first go on an aging fighter.
                  mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Haney was being compared to Mayweather. Atleast he had a chin to backup. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                      Haney won't be the same
                      Neither will Garcia. No other future opponent will be clueless enough to let him purposely miss the weight by a huge amount. And sooner or later, some opponent will rabbit punch him anyway when he completely turns his back and let the referee sort it out. Garcia got away with his cheating because Haney and his father were too overconfident going into the fight and too hungry for the PPV cash that they didn’t use common sense by threatening to call the fight off unless Garcia did a same-day weigh-in. No one’s going to fall for that in the future.

Garcia’s career is all downhill from here.
                      champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X