Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 'KingRy's' Victory Breathes New Life into the 'Four Princes'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
    I will make a crazy prediction for you all. If Garcia ends up fighting Ennis, Garcia stops him. He hits too hard and Ennis takes big shots. Ennis would try to outclass him and get caught.
    ryan has looked pretty awful in some of his fights too, when guys get big wins bold predictions follow soon lol

this is a good prediction, i would like to see the fight but i think ryan will struggle at 147 when all is said and done, hes one loss away from a hissy fit retirement i think
    Hard Hands Hard Hands likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

You trolling? He's absolutely predictable. He hangs back trying to land that left hook, mostly using single shots or 2 punch combos. When he does, he swarms with his head exposed, and frequently smothers his work. He's predictably defensively irresponsible. When he's up against someone else he can't overwhelm with speed or who has power and timing, it goes like it did vs Tank. And it's going to keep going that way because he's absolutely predictable. Retreats in straight lines. Doesn't use head movement. Permeable static high guard, and one of the worst shoulder rolls in all of boxing. He's like the definition of a predictable fighter making his lack of technical prowess make it work with his speed and power in the left hook. Haney was the reverse, compensating for his lack of power with size and technique.
      Are you trolling? What you are describing is a boxer who isn't perfect. No boxer is. Ryan is not a technically brilliant boxer. Most great fighters arent. They do one or two things really well and combine it with will and heart. Ryan will improve. What I am saying is that he has intangibles that Shakur, Teo and Tank don't have. He is willing to fight anyone. He isn't cherry picking a career. Unlike Teo who can only fight when a guy is coming forward, Ryan isn't scared about taking a shot to get a KO. See the Campbell fight. See him against Haney.

Pointing to his loss against Tank is a joke. Tank and his rehydration clauses and a frickin spy in Garcia's camp, then literally aiming for the injury. Lol. That fight was a farce. Garcia missed weight and paid Haney for it. Tank cheated bigger than **** to beat Garcia.

Just my opinion. But I could point out mutiple flaws in every fighter that ever lived. The greats are almost always naturally talented, they aren't perfect, but they have heart and courage out the ass. Garcia is going to surprise alot of people.

JMO.
      Last edited by Theshotyoudontsee; 04-22-2024, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Haney was always a hype job...

Comment

The thing is once the 0 goes its a different ball game, thats why guys fight so hard to protect it, if u have it u can conceivably win all fantasy matchups as your fans will justify any close or robberies u might have benefited from as part of boxing

Its not long ago devin was saying stuff like

"[My journey] wasn't an easy process, but it was definitely a dream. My story is unique," Haney said. "It has definitely been a roller coaster to get to where I am at but it all contributed to where I am right now. I feel I would still be here had I gone a different route but maybe I wouldn't be so dominant."

out the window and never to return
          FlyingElbowKick FlyingElbowKick likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post

Not even at the Benitez level fr.
            100% Agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post

Are you trolling? What you are describing is a boxer who isn't perfect. No boxer is. Ryan is not a technically brilliant boxer. Most great fighters arent. They do one or two things really well and combine it with will and heart. Ryan will improve. What I am saying is that he has intangibles that Shakur, Teo and Tank don't have. He is willing to fight anyone. He isn't cherry picking a career. Unlike Teo who can only fight when a guy is coming forward, Ryan isn't scared about taking a shot to get a KO. See the Campbell fight. See him against Haney.

Pointing to his loss against Tank is a joke. Tank and his rehydration clauses and a frickin spy in Garcia's camp, then literally aiming for the injury. Lol. That fight was a farce. Garcia missed weight and paid Haney for it. Tank cheated bigger than **** to beat Garcia.

Just my opinion. But I could point out mutiple flaws in every fighter that ever lived. The greats are almost always naturally talented, they aren't perfect, but they have heart and courage out the ass. Garcia is going to surprise alot of people.

JMO.
              My guy, I'm not just pointing out flaws. I'm describing how he fights. The fact that I can do that and you recognize that's his fight means he's predictable. These are all things that he does, and can be counted on to do. That's the definition of predictable.

I was one of the people defending Ryan for not getting up vs Tank, btw.

But one thing that tends to define the elite fighters is dedication and work ethic. There were a few who weren't like that, but every great fighter improves throughout their career and adds new skills. Ryan hasn't been doing that. I can tell you're not a fighter, because the things Ryan does wrong aren't high level things. They're basic things. Keeping your chin tucked, changing lanes, not retreating in straight lines, being defensively responsible, etc are fundamentals. Only having one weapon is a huge flaw.

He's been able to get this far on his natural gifts, but failing to improve for years, not to mention his chronic lack of professionalism, will handicap him at the highest level. IF he succeeds, it will be when he finally masters himself. There's a reason that he's the only one of the 6 top guys at 135/40 who hasn't won even a single world title of any kind. Heck, JoJo Diaz and Pitbull Cruz have gotten titles, but not Princess Ry. Ask yourself why that is.

I do think he looked a little better vs Haney, so maybe he's growing, but that's a tiny sample size.

You may watch boxing, but if you're limited to thinking a guy is good because he's fast, and was able to get up ONCE against a guy who's crowning achievement was an Olympic silver medal, all you do is watch. You don't KNOW it. I can't take your opinion seriously if you don't know that Ryan's flaws are basic things that people who aren't even amateur do better than him. He's been coasting on his natural gifts, and being merely good when he could be great with the gifts he's been given. That's why I give him a hard time. Because he squanders what he's been given.

Comment

The big points that the author overlooked are that Garcia came in overweight, and he knows well Haney's style and lack of punching power. Beating Haney doesn't necessarily breath new life into the 4 princes. He'll have to drain down to 140 to compete for a belt at that weight, which is something that he said he cannot do.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  These guys aren’t even on the level of Barrera manny Morales Juan

Ry scored a huge upset and looked like a one punch fighter who kept getting smothered and couldn’t finish a hurt opponent
                  Nah, I wasn't giving Ryan much of a chance but tbh, Ryan was fighting Haney, the ref, and Max Delucca on Saturday.

Comment

this write very much a casual minded guy. always with silly theories lol

Comment

The 4-Kings are Roberto Duran, Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns and Wilfred Benitez not Hagler.

Marvin Hagler only fought in 1 weight class (middleweight), got beat by journeymen and scrubs in his prime and didn't move up in weight like the others did.

Why do you media chumps not ever put any respect on Wilfred Benitez's name? Smh.

Comment

Working...
                      X