Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Did Bigger Make Better? Ryan Garcia Overpowers Devin Haney in Shocker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triangle theory is generally chit but it sure does make Tank look good right about now... As the smaller man Tank out boxed Garcia, dropped him twice and knocked him out with relative ease. Tank vs Garcia rematch at 140lbs is the one to make

Comment

• Originally posted by thedarkness View Post

thats on haney

he had a choice not to fight after weight-in

Ryan paid him 500k per pound he missed. Shoulda taken the free money and not fight.

now his ass is exposed and a lot of power punchers are lining up to whoop haney’s @ss cos it’s free money
      It is what it is. Still doesn't take away how wack and unprofessional that was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post
        Im annoyed because I had a bet on Garcia by KO and the ref saved Devin so many times from getting stopped but still the power was the difference. Haney was the better boxer but everytime Ryan landed clean on him he was hurt. Ryan proved alot of people wrong with that win
        If García would have press the pedal and go forward he would've taken Loma's son out of there ref or no ref.
        I picked Haney close cause I thought the ref and judges would try to do a number on García, before the fight yesterday I asked about García Ko'ing Haney and some people laughed.

I am happy I lost my pick!!!! Good for Ryan!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Obviously the extra 3lbs didn't hurt Ryan. At the end of the day Devin allowed it tho so it is what it is regardless if it helped Ryan or not.
          What was Haney supposed to do, throw the event to the bin?

That's not fair, it would have been an even playing field if Haney also only had to cut to 143 lbs.

And I'm not an Haney fan at all.

UFC is doing better as usual.I remember Chimaev didn't make weight and they made him fight a guy from the division above.

Boxing is the only sport where fighters pick their opponents and rules.
          Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Yeah he's so frustrating to watch because there's power, speed and talent there but there's also so many flaws. I mean he just beat an undefeated former undisputed and current champion even with all the flaws so imagine if he actually improved on them and took it seriously.
            Undefeated my a s s. Loma won their fight, F Haney the nose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
              Great win for Garcia. Now that puts him as the face of boxing
              I don't like that "face of boxing ****" It is disrespectful for other boxers as good or better than any fool called TFOB and it tends to lock out all the good fights out there and makes a fool call himself number 1 and start making demands on fight that are not leveled or in fair ground.

We as fans need to stop that s h I t

Comment

• Garcia missed weight by 3 lbs. He had a huge advantage. It's almost like Tank's rehydration clause.

These fights, while entertaining, are tainted.
                billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elastic Recoilz View Post
                  Triangle theory is generally chit but it sure does make Tank look good right about now... As the smaller man Tank out boxed Garcia, dropped him twice and knocked him out with relative ease. Tank vs Garcia rematch at 140lbs is the one to make
                  imagine what tank would do to haney wow

he would knock him out twice easy and the rest, they would need stretchers for devins whole team after it

Comment

Im annoyed because I had a bet on Garcia by KO and the ref saved Devin so many times from getting stopped but still the power was the difference. Haney was the better boxer but everytime Ryan landed clean on him he was hurt. Ryan proved alot of people wrong with that win
                    Ref saved Vegas lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by keepemup View Post
                      Garcia missed weight by 3 lbs. He had a huge advantage. It's almost like Tank's rehydration clause.

These fights, while entertaining, are tainted.
                      Your general point is spot on. I think in this case there's some more intrigue. Devin tends to rehydrate he kind of got a taste of his own medicine lol. Garcia was definitely larger we don't know what Devin Weighed, do we, I'm curious. This fight is the best case I can think of to make for same day weigh-ins lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X