Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Did Bigger Make Better? Ryan Garcia Overpowers Devin Haney in Shocker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post

Yeah but what if Garcia had cut to 140 like Haney? Fight was not on an even playing field. And I don't even like Haney. Just trying to keep it real and fair
    Haney didn't have to fight him. Unprofessional as hell from Ryan but the fact is they offered Haney a deal after the fact and he took it. Even said afterwards the weight wasn't the reason he lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

Do you know how knockdowns are scored?
      Yes they are scored like single point deductions. If a fighter is winning a fight 9 rounds to 3. Then the final tabulation of the scorecard is 117-111.

However, when you factor in Fighter A knock down; Then you deduct a single point from him. For example in rounds; I had Devin winning eight rounds.

Which would make my scorecard 116-112. However, when I factor in the three knockdowns then I must deduct three points off his score.

Which now makes it 113-112. Then when I factor in the single point deduction from Ryan Garcia for hitting on the break Then I must deduct a single point off his score.

Which now makes my final tally 113-111 for Devin Haney . Which is how I unofficially scored it for Devin. It was a close fight but Devin still won it my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff
        Good win for Garcia, but the one judge declaring a draw needs to have his bank account checked.
        Yes, back and forth to a certain extent, but IMO no way it was 112-112. Hope they do a rematch.​

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
        . Nothing wrong with that card it matched one of the analysts cards and it was obvious how one could come to that conclusion. The right man won all is well.
        Your Haney fanboy opinion, that's all.
        Besides the ref giving too much time for Haney to recover,
        the 112-112 was a ridiculous score.

Comment

• I mentioned Haney's chin awhile back and I was ridiculed. The dude has no chin. Period!
          TheWinners TheWinners likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by damned1974 View Post

The blueprint on Haney is out....he's a soft chinned, feather duster....
            This **** has been known. Now his little girlie fan girls can go away. How many real punchers has he fought? Thank you. He avoids punchers and you see why. Biggest puncher he faxed before Garcia was a old Linares. He's a hype job. But he made the best of it. Good for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles83 View Post
              We all thought Haney was great until he was thrashed by Lomachenko and now he is beaten up by Garcia. Wow.
              Who? I've been saying on these boards for a while he's a hype job that ran from every puncher he could. This is why he didn't sniff a fight with Lopez. He would've been destroyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWinners View Post

This **** has been known. Now his little girlie fan girls can go away. How many real punchers has he fought? Thank you. He avoids punchers and you see why. Biggest puncher he faxed before Garcia was a old Linares. He's a hype job. But he made the best of it. Good for him.
                haney was on ***** street for 3 rounds vs linares

He shouldve lost to loma as well

Comment

• this fight reminded my gvodyzk vs beterbiev. gyvodyk had apparently been big brothered in the amateurs by beterbiev and was the fav and considered to school beterbiev. he was winning the fight but it looked like beterbiev just had some sort of unexplainable edge and gyzodyk fell apart

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    Originally posted by PunchyPotorff
                    Good win for Garcia, but the one judge declaring a draw needs to have his bank account checked.
                    Yes, back and forth to a certain extent, but IMO no way it was 112-112. Hope they do a rematch.​

Your Haney fanboy opinion, that's all.
                    Besides the ref giving too much time for Haney to recover,
                    the 112-112 was a ridiculous score.
                    I’d be more su****ious if the ref than that judge. Dazn scored the fight even and while I don’t agree with an even score, it was clear Haney won most the rounds and got the point for the hit during clinch. That point and the extra time the ref gave Haney looked more biased than any scorecards.

Comment

• So much for Bill Haney saying that they were sending a man to be killed and that they wanted Garcia near death after the fight. "If he dies, he dies", Haney's camp quote.

Anytime Garcia cranked it up he had Haney on the floor. Rematch will be worse for Haney and should not get one because how disrespectful they were and they would not greet Garcia at the end of the fight.
                      PunchyPotorff PunchyPotorff likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X