Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Did Bigger Make Better? Ryan Garcia Overpowers Devin Haney in Shocker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 pounds matter. But glad he won. Good for boxing. Would be great if he could add a left uppercut and left body punch like Donaire used to do.

Respect for Haney. Did not run or hold too much even though he was getting hurt. Tried to win until the end.
    shwaap shwaap likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post

Just ignore it bro, we had a memorable night of boxing. Dont get ****** into toxic shh.
      There is nothing memorable. Trust me I can't stand the Haneys but this sport is becoming a circus.

From Haney having 48 hours to overweight Loma winning a narrow decision to Tank fighting unranked blown up 126 lbers and when he finally fight a live dog in Garcia asks for a catchweight.

Now Garcia not even daring to make weight.

​​​​​Teofimo winning gifts decisions and just like Garcia being a nutjob himself.

And they called those guys four Kings at some point.

No wonder why UFC is taking over. In UFC fighters fight the best, the champ face the next best challenger, they don't pick. One belt, no catchweight, always the same rehydration time.

When you talk with casuals about fighting sport they can name more UFC champs than boxing champs.

And no, I'm not a MMA fanboy, I'm a former amateur boxer and don't like what is being done to the sport. They are wasting, cashing out the whole game.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post

There is nothing memorable. Trust me I can't stand the Haneys but this sport is becoming a circus.

From Haney having 48 hours to overweight Loma winning a narrow decision to Tank fighting unranked blown up 126 lbers and when he finally fight a live dog in Garcia asks for a catchweight.

Now Garcia not even daring to make weight.

​​​​​Teofimo winning gifts decisions and just like Garcia being a nutjob himself.

And they called those guys four Kings at some point.

No wonder why UFC is taking over. In UFC fighters fight the best, the champ face the next best challenger, they don't pick. One belt, no catchweight, always the same rehydration time.

When you talk with casuals about fighting sport they can name more UFC champs than boxing champs.

And no, I'm not a MMA fanboy, I'm a former amateur boxer and don't like what is being done to the sport. They are wasting, cashing out the whole game.

That is true.

Teo, Ryan, Haney and Tank are four cats, not four kings.
        SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

• I for one I said it all along, Haney is not all that. And his obnoxious poppa has been humbled.
          Last edited by JonDP; 04-21-2024, 07:35 AM.
          SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

• Ryan beat that bum and the referee from pillar to post.. made nearly $3k off the fight.. salute to King Ryan

Comment

• So glad Haney got his ass handed to him
              Ryan G doing what he had to
              bring on a rematch with Tank, because a rematch with Haney will only go one again
              and at least his father will be quiet now the douche
              and maybe do the fight in summer not straight after Ramadan and the fasting etc
              Straightener Straightener likes this.

Comment

• We all thought Haney was great until he was thrashed by Lomachenko and now he is beaten up by Garcia. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post

bro, I get you need to cope right now but how many names on haneys resume were smaller men than him? Funny when fans say it was why someone won literally twenty minutes after the fighter who lost says it didn’t. If you need this cope go for it, yes, we have weight divisions, it’s three pounds and he got 1.5 million for it.
                  Not sure what I would need to cope with. I had no dog in this fight - just an interest in the fight itself.

But you can't tell me you think making weight but being bigger on fight night is the same as not making weight.

That win proves lots of things. We all saw the fight. I never said it was the reason for the win. But the outcome also has an asterisk and rightly so. And Garcia is the person who put the asterisk there by not making the weight.

If 3 pounds doesn't make a difference then he should have just made weight. You don't miss by 3.2 pounds on a misjudgment - it goes right through his camp over a long period.

It's why he's now not a champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    Did not expect that, it appears the weight was the right gamble for Garcia. Perhaps he should move to welterweight proper. Perhaps a big fight with Ennis since both are on dazn now
                    Yes! Garcia - Ennis is a great matchup. Set it up with Ennis beating his mandatory in style.
                    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by DClefthook View Post
                      Ringggg...ringgg...rin....Bill: hello this is Nappy daddy Haney.. Haymon: hello Bill this is Al....Bill: he.he.hello Mr Haymon um I was wondering if you had time to talk about my son fighting Tank Davi......Haymon: No need to talk Bill Tank is going to rematch Ryan later this year on Amazon Prime and they will probably make 200 million each. Have a great life Bill and enjoy the rest of your son's career with Hearn idiot CLICK.....Bill: but but wait wait I wanna talk nooooooooo!!!!
                      Sir, are you okay? You're on an unhinged prolonged run of bootlicking a company. I hope you're getting paid for it, I hope you're on their payroll, really. Otherwise, it's very sad. An alleged adult is acting like a fangirl of a company.

Comment

Working...
                      X