Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Calls Out Jared Anderson in Social Media Post

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO the sport owes Ortiz some more decent fights. And Anderson needs to be tested by a proven puncher.
    This won't tarnish the sport in any way... unless you count the most cynical of fight fans. IMO, bring it on.
    Sure, Anderson is crafty enough to outwork Ortiz... but he'll at least be tested a few times in there....
    which he will need if he's to travel further up the ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I think he's more likely to call out Felix Savon than Frank Sanchez.
      Sanchez beats Anderson easy work.yes.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

He's 45yo and that is very easy to confirm if you just check his amateur tournaments timeline, instead of throwing opinions without any base.
        That doesn't verify anything

For one thing Amateur records are very rarely complete, even on boxrec.

For another how do we know Ortiz was 20 when he had his first boxrec verified amateur fight

All we know is what Ortiz tells us, and considering he looks like a man in his 50s, has been reported as sparring pros in the 80s, and is from a place people are known to lie about their ages, it's enough to question things.
        PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

That doesn't verify anything

For one thing Amateur records are very rarely complete, even on boxrec.

For another how do we know Ortiz was 20 when he had his first boxrec verified amateur fight

All we know is what Ortiz tells us, and considering he looks like a man in his 50s, has been reported as sparring pros in the 80s, and is from a place people are known to lie about their ages, it's enough to question things.
          Not if you need to do your citizenship, you are going to need a birth certificate, and I'm pretty sure the Cuban government is not going to help hide the age of a defector, and like I wrote before, every kid in Cuba gets check out by the opposed coach, no coach would let a 15yo kid compete against his 11-12 team. I can tell you that after Flora's Hurricane wipe out Orinte province back in the 60's, a lot of the City's register was lost and for a couple of years it was men from Oriente competing against kids from the rest of the Island.

Comment

Ortiz vs Arreola in a loser retires fight please

Comment

Working...
            X