No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Calls Out Jared Anderson in Social Media Post

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
    Not sure how I feel about recommending old, shot fighters to young prospects. With that said, it still would be a step up in name recognition and possibly competition if Ortiz has any spoiler left in him. Easily stopping a shot looking Ortiz early wouldn't really show much. But if Ortiz showed up in shape, could take some punches with good conditioning and made Jared work before losing via TKO or DEC, then it could show where Jared is more than where Ortiz isn't.
    The old shot fighter gave Ruiz a very good fight.

Comment

As a former Ortiz apologist, I am in the "why not?" crowd. What is the down side for either fighter? Ortiz gets a pay check and a chance to show he is still viable. Anderson, who looked horrid in his last few fights, gets fed a name that is old and hittable but still looked at as at least legit. We fans get the potential for a sneaky fun fight, as at least Ortiz will engage.

I would be in.

Comment

Why not other than Charles Martin who can name anyone Jared has fought, in fact he doesn't even have a recognizable club fighter on his record. They have given us a few guys with good records against taxi and Uber drivers but no real threat.

Comment

Oh great the same 45 year old that stumbled over twice by jabs from Martin his legs are so gone. Top #ank diet at it's finest.
          If he wants a Cuban he should be calling out Sanchez.
          BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Lol anytime a pro boxer struggles as he moves up, hes called a bum, but jared needs work. Ortiz even at 58 may beat him
            pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Make it happen. Would be the best opp, regardless of age for Anderson. And I still give the 55yo a good shot at beating him lol

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post

The old shot fighter gave Ruiz a very good fight.
                In every outing since that one hit wonder display vs Joshua has been well beneath expectation of Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
                  How about Anderson vs. the winner of Dubois vs. Hrgovic or Otto Wallin?
                  Why not. Hrgovic could build up his record easy. Good for Hrgovic

Comment

Anderson vs Ortiz isn't a draw. That's a fight that I would watch on YouTube the following day. Ortiz defensively would be able to keep Anderson at bay before losing a stinker of a decision. I would like to see like others said Anderson vs. Ajagba or Anderson vs Ruiz or Anderson vs. Wallin. Anderson is a very limited fighter to me and him fighting tomato cans won't do much for his career at this point. Anderson needs a really good trainer such as Goosen or someone of that caliber to really bring out his abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                      Ortiz has the ability to drill you if you make a mistake but his legs are completely shot at this stage of his career (most likely his late 50s).
                      He's 45yo and that is very easy to confirm if you just check his amateur tournaments timeline, instead of throwing opinions without any base.

Comment

Working...
                      X