No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Calls Out Jared Anderson in Social Media Post

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    I would rather Arum make Anderson vs. Ajagba, but Ortiz would be a nice stepping stone for Anderson.

Ajagba right he just came off a fight where he looked like sh_t too! He get's hit to much and don't put punches together well, easy work for Jared!

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

He's 45yo and that is very easy to confirm if you just check his amateur tournaments timeline, instead of throwing opinions without any base.
      I was saying it in half-jest, I don't think this site utilizes a sarcasm font. I don't particularly care if he's 25 or 55, his legs look shot to pieces.

However, if I check Danny Almonte's amateur timeline, I can clearly see he was 12 during the 2001 Little League World Series because he had a birth certificate that said as much and Danny played in that tournament and that's the age limit to participate. Except of course that Almonte wasn't 12, he was 14 and that birth certificate wasnt real. Almonte's participation didn't prove his age nor does Ortiz participation in the amateurs prove his.

Ortiz isn't the first Cuban who's age has been questioned and MMA fighter (and fellow Cuban) Yoel Romero trained with Ortiz and said that King Kong was older than he claimed to be. Let's not clutch the pearls that King Kong's actual age is joked about...by me or anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I was saying it in half-jest, I don't think this site utilizes a sarcasm font. I don't particularly care if he's 25 or 55, his legs look shot to pieces.

However, if I check Danny Almonte's amateur timeline, I can clearly see he was 12 during the 2001 Little League World Series because he had a birth certificate that said as much and Danny played in that tournament and that's the age limit to participate. Except of course that Almonte wasn't 12, he was 14 and that birth certificate wasnt real. Almonte's participation didn't prove his age nor does Ortiz participation in the amateurs prove his.

Ortiz isn't the first Cuban who's age has been questioned and MMA fighter (and fellow Cuban) Yoel Romero trained with Ortiz and said that King Kong was older than he claimed to be. Let's not clutch the pearls that King Kong's actual age is joked about...by me or anyone else.
        This is the first time I heard that Yoel questioned Ortiz age, and Danny was Cuban? No, I think he is Dominican. The way it works in Cuba is different and they take the age very seriously, not only is a commission that checks every kid, the coaches make sure that their athletes doesn't face, in any sport, someone that should not be in that age group. Then again one could fall through the cracks. Where you see that birth certificate or I should say used to see those fakes certificates, is in Dominicana and 99% baseball related for the simple reason of money, the younger they are the more money they get. Is been pretty much under control for a few years, we believe. But you're right, what do we care if he's 100yo or 25yo as long as we enjoy the show.

Comment

Mick Jagger would do better.

Comment

Why not? Even 50 old Ortiz is a step up for Anderson.

Comment

Funny, but Ortiz will be Anderson's best opponent so far if it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                Oh great the same 45 year old that stumbled over twice by jabs from Martin his legs are so gone. Top #ank diet at it's finest.
                If he wants a Cuban he should be calling out Sanchez.
                Have there been any Frank Sanchez or Andy Ruiz sightings?

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi
                  Not a bad choice for Anderson at this point. An Ortiz needs some funds to build up his bank account before he starts Social Security next year.

If Anderson wins......Andy Ruiz would be a good match. That is, if Andy Ruiz is still in the boxing game.
                  Fat Andy was last seen at a Santa Monica Golden Corral.
                  Mooshashi Mooshashi likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post

The old shot fighter gave Ruiz a very good fight.
                    So did Chris Arreola.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                      Oh great the same 45 year old that stumbled over twice by jabs from Martin his legs are so gone. Top #ank diet at it's finest.
                      If he wants a Cuban he should be calling out Sanchez.
                      I think he's more likely to call out Felix Savon than Frank Sanchez.

Comment

Working...
                      X