No announcement yet.

I have a strong feeling Bivol will knock Beterbiev out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That'd be unexpected.

Bivol almost never fights with an aggressive intent that leads to a stoppage. Hes the quintessential point fighter. I feel like for this to happen Bivol would have to be in a bad spot himself first, fighting for his own continued life in the fight, & just land that perfect shot as Beterbiev is trying to finish him that puts Beterbiev out.

I even have a hard time envisioning a dominant Bivol eventually getting a late stoppage due to how safety first he is. Idk that I could see him taking a chance to end it. And idk if Beterbiev is the type to frustration quit like Loma made guys do for that type of stoppage either if Bivol looks like hes on a path to 12-0 him.

Its boxing tho. Anything can & does happen sooner or later so wouldn't be the craziest thing I've seen.
    -Kev- -Kev- likes this.

Comment

I think Bivol will win but he just doesn’t have that kind of power or killer instinct. He absolutely has power though, enough to humble opponents and not allow fighters to get too comfortable. He’s gotten guys in trouble and doesn’t do anything, lays off the gas. Maybe it’s a stamina thing, doesn’t want to punch himself out.

6 years, no stoppages against any level of opponent, not even Lyndon Arthur, Euro level. I doubt he’s going to go after a legit 175lb, huge puncher, top guy with such heavy hands, good handspeed, and great boxing IQ. Look at Ramirez, he was like a sloth in there and Bivol didn’t capitalize on that.

Comment

You don`t have to be a killer to catch somebody that is coming after you. Canelo, Salamov, Ramirez, Arthur didn`t even try. It is hard to KO somebody that is only fighting to survive 12 rounds. That is the key. Beterbiev will go after him.

Bivol is a master counterpuncher. More aggressively Beterbiev will fight, the bigger will be a chance for him to get countered and possibly stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
          That is what usually happens to these KO artists. It is logical to everybody that actually watches boxing.

Ali - Foreman situation over and over again. except Bivol is even much younger, not older like Ali was compared to Foreman.

Very aggressive guys usually force things to happens. they want to KO a better man which usually results in a KO loss for them.
          Bivol's defense is the key, and his untested durability vs a puncher is a key.

Ali had both traits. Does Bivol?

AB is older but his stamina is 3x as good as Foreman was in the 70's. Bad analogy, everyone is entitled to one.

Sorry.

He is not fighting a 5'8" pumped up, t rex armed and PED fueled middle weight this fight.

UNLESS AB ages before our eyes when they meet, or Bivol boxes his best fight, I think AB ferocious attack will win the day. AB's skill level is very under rated.
          Last edited by Dr. Z; 04-15-2024, 05:49 AM.
          MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

You don`t have to be a killer to catch somebody that is coming after you. Canelo, Salamov, Ramirez, Arthur didn`t even try. It is hard to KO somebody that is only fighting to survive 12 rounds. That is the key. Beterbiev will go after him.

Bivol is a master counterpuncher. More aggressively Beterbiev will fight, the bigger will be a chance for him to get countered and possibly stopped.
            Bivol never sits on his punches. Even if he lands the counter it’s not going to hurt Beterbiev, just make him reset maybe.

Artur’s hand speed and boxing skills are severely underrated, not to mention his accuracy. I reckon Bivol has a chance if he goes full Shakur and runs and potshots but I think Artur will consistently land on Bivol and wear him out for a KO.

Personally I’d root for Bivol only because he doesn’t associate with warmongering Kadyrov, who Beterbiev visits monthly. Fedor criticized Kadyrov and his teenage daughter was jumped by these savage Chechens and hospitalized as a result. Pure scumbag.

Comment

Bivol to win on points

Comment

That is what usually happens to these KO artists. It is logical to everybody that actually watches boxing.

Ali - Foreman situation over and over again. except Bivol is even much younger, not older like Ali was compared to Foreman.

Very aggressive guys usually force things to happens. they want to KO a better man which usually results in a KO loss for them.
                - - U + U 2 Dollar Watch = Squatola...

Comment

Many of you should watch the Lyndon Arthur fight or research it
                  The minute Bivol got hit hard he got on his bicycle and never dared to ko him
                  Imagine when Beterbiev hits him
                  He can run but can’t hide for 12 rounds
                  Smith jr should have taken Bivol’s 0 but was gassed out
                  That is far from being Artur’s problem
                  After chasing Bivol for five long years, he’ll finally get his unification and credit he deserves

Comment

I think Bivol should be favorite to win on points in a fight with unbiased judges (which we're not likely to get now that Turki has announced that he favors Beterbiev and has plans for his future fights if he wins). But the fact that he hasn't gotten a KO in 6 years just doesn't seem like he's got the power to get the job done. At least he dropped Lyndon Arthur.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
                      I think Bivol should be favorite to win on points in a fight with unbiased judges (which we're not likely to get now that Turki has announced that he favors Beterbiev and has plans for his future fights if he wins). But the fact that he hasn't gotten a KO in 6 years just doesn't seem like he's got the power to get the job done. At least he dropped Lyndon Arthur.
                      And then ran lol

Comment

Working...
                      X