No announcement yet.

I have a strong feeling Bivol will knock Beterbiev out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Betebiev doesn't get so tired because he can dictate most things.

Fighting bivol is another thing. As I said in my above post, Bivol is the best in boxing at distance control and can set a high tempo at the same time. Beterbiev could be made to work far harder for success than he's used to, thats when people's stamina starts to fall apart and they might start looking nearly 40.

Most fighters have good stamina if they're able to dictate the range and pace. Even Canelo who people say has poor stamina looks fine vs the likes of Charlo because he's working how he wants and the opposition didn't make him work for it. But we see against Bivol he was gasping for air.

Credit to Beterbiev that hes been able to dictate what happens in fights. But at 39 year old fighting the guy with good work rate and masterful distance control will be the biggest test of Beterbiev's stamina.

All I'll say is don't be surprised to see him look his age. Age is age, no matter how well you look after yourself. All it takes is the perfect opponent and style and it'll show eventually. It's been the case throughout boxing history and always will be.
    Great summary. PerfectJab is right too that Bivol likes to put the aggressive fighters on the back foot, and Beterbiev didn't throw anything at all when he was on the back foot vs Smith. It's possible (but unlikely) that Bivol won't have the power to put Beterbiev on the back foot, but I see him banking quite a few rounds frustrating Beterbiev, who's going to have to figure out timing to counter him. Most of Beterbiev's work is done with the opponent on the ropes, and Bivol is also the best in boxing at ring awareness, and timing blinding offense to move off the ropes. We already know he's got the gas tank to stay high volume for 12 rounds because that's every fight for him. So the question marks are whether Beterbiev will have the gas tank to hang with that volume, and whether Bivol has the chin/body to take Beterbiev's power when Artur inevitably lands.

Comment

Bivol will not even try to KO Beterbiev...he will strictly box him and avoid any exchanges as much as possible.

Comment

I think Bivol will win a decision here. Artur is 39 and has been in some tough fights, even when he finally KO'd his opponent. Bivol on the other hand is relatively fresh, only 33 and fights like the busier guy in the ring. I think he'll outwork/outhustle Artur handing him his first loss.

Comment

Working...
        X