Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Will Have To Be At His Best If He Is To Fend Off Oleksandr Usyk On May 18

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Will Have To Be At His Best If He Is To Fend Off Oleksandr Usyk On May 18

Earlier this week, Fury declared at a news conference to promote the fight that he's positioned to become the best heavyweight of his era by defeating Oleksandr Usyk, the unbeaten former undisputed cruiserweight champion from Ukraine. That was the lead discussion point on Friday's episode of ProBox TV's "Deep Waters."
    [Click Here To Read More]

No worry, there's always a way to pick up another injury before May 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
      No worry, there's always a way to pick up another injury before May 18.
      I get why writers are keen to talk about future fights, legacy and historical standings but for now I will be content to see Fury show up for one Usyk fight. We can save the tortuous negotiations and lead time for his next bout should he get through this one.

Comment

Would like to see Fury vs Joshua but Furys so unlikable I even have to put my own boxing wants aside and hope Usyk does away with this guy . The only way I ever rooted for him was against an even more unlikable guy Wilder ,two bad reps of boxing in the same era ,what were the odds and the odds both had to cancel one or the other out ? . Lol
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-13-2024, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Fury s never lost too. No game plan to best him. But fury might need to be the best ever fury, to best usyk, a fury we never seen and might not exist
          BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Would like to see Fury vs Joshua but Furys so unlikable I even have to put my own boxing wants aside and hope Usyk does away with this guy . The only way I ever rooted for him was against an even more unlikable guy Wilder ,two bad reps of boxing in the same era ,what were the odds and the odds both had to cancel one or the other out ? . Lol
            Fury and Wilder are unlikeable but the draft dodger Usyk, you like?

Odd

Comment

Originally posted by Speng View Post

Fury and Wilder are unlikeable but the draft dodger Usyk, you like?

Odd
              Get out of mom’s basement.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

I get why writers are keen to talk about future fights, legacy and historical standings but for now I will be content to see Fury show up for one Usyk fight. We can save the tortuous negotiations and lead time for his next bout should he get through this one.
                To be honest, I still haven't figured out whether the desire in Fury to accumulate more billions is greater than his will to quit boxing and finally enjoy them.
                dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

It should be the kind of fight where one can tell right away how it will progress.

If the Gypsy King comes in and tries to fight the way he fought Wilder I think he's going to be handled.

Usyk is a closet physical fighter lol. Everybody thinks he relies on technical acumen but if you watch him when he has a chance he likes to physically manhandle his opponent. For reference sake watch his fight against bellew and Mike Hunter.

Fury trying to use his size exclusively and looking for one punch will open himself up to Usyk getting inside his reach and actually manhandling him a bit. Despite the conventional wisdom regarding fury and his size, I think this aspect is overrated when considering the skill level of Usyk.

On the other hand, if Fury uses boxing skills to maintain distance, really work the jab, feints and fight off the back leg, I think he wins a competitive fight.

Sometimes what appears to be is wrong. The appearance that Fury should use his size and take the fight to his opponent in this manner makes sense but I believe it is wrong. Usyk can always fight on the inside and get mongoose position on a cobra so to speak.

On the other hand, keeping Usyk outside where Fury can use his reach and timing really sets up a predicament because if he fights off his back leg Usyk then has a great deal of ground to cover to actually hit Fury... He must overcome the reach of the jab and the 3-ft distance of his opponent on his back leg. That's almost half a ring to actually get into range.

Comment

“A focused Tyson Fury might be one of the most dangerous heavyweights in history. How often do we get a focused Tyson Fury, though?” asked former welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi.

All 3 Wilder fights, both Chisora fights, Whyte fight, Schwarz fight, Wallin fight, McDermott rematch, Wlad fight...
                    Last edited by JeBron Lamez; 04-13-2024, 04:03 PM.
                    Oregonian Oregonian Smash Smash like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X