No announcement yet.

Morrell To Fight Radivoje Kalajdzic At 175 In June

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morrell To Fight Radivoje Kalajdzic At 175 In June

That’s all I have for now. Not liking the way David’s career is going — too inactive; and now, moving up to find a fight — but at least Kalajdzic is a good quality opponent. No set date yet, but looks like June.

If true, it's not a bad fight at all. Will be interesting to see if his power and precision translates to 175. And he can still chase Benavidez. It's obvious he's not getting any bites at SMW, so more power to him.

Comment

I like it but is he staying at 175 or is this just a short visit?

Comment

168 is truly a wasteland if Benavidez and Morrell permanently depart

Comment

He's a big guy just like Benavidez. No surprise there. He even indicated he'll follow Benavidez every weight he goes.
          BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

That is a good fight. So 168 is a wasteland with only Canelo, Mbili and some others remaining.

Comment

168 is a joke. How many guys are undefeated and in the top 10 or 5, and none of them are fighting each other?

Comment

Is it that hard to find anyone in the top 15 to fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
                  Is it that hard to find anyone in the top 15 to fight?
                  Allegedly, they've sent offers to just about all of the top guys and every single one declined. Too risky, I imagine. If true.

Comment

Can't believe Canelo literally did the same thing as Spence and Crawford did at 147, made every top fighter inactive waiting for a opportunity without taking risks and made his mandatories literally leave the division.

168 is literally going to become a wasteland if no sanctioning body forces Alvarez to fight the top names. Though now I am not sure if there is anyone who can beat him at this point.

As for Morrell, Great fight that helps his resume, a top 10 ranked opponent at WBC and WBO, a puncher who got a very controversial loss to another ranked fighter and was only every stopped by Beterviev in the fifth round.
                    Last edited by Feroz; 04-12-2024, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X