Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBO to Sebastian Fundora: Negotiate With Terence Crawford, Not Errol Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

It's the same scenario as Inoue moving up in weight and getting a direct shot at Fulton.
    And Crawford getting an immediate shot at Jeff Horn after he moved up to 147.
    ajamudc ajamudc likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jikeccfc View Post
      spence is a p*sshead wa*ker, held crawford to rematch ,delayed him fighting ,faked injury ,then turns up like a bad smell from an unwashed womans knickers stinking the place out looking pie eyed where crawford almost blinded him ,spence scared to rematch crawford ,now hes a tiddler slaughtered by the real big fish..........
      It's like Spence had amnesia about that loss.

Did people forget Spence and Bud made a bet of $1 million and shook hands on it?
      After that beatdown, Bud said he dont want it

It's so weird how he acts like nothing happened.

He should have the courtesy to let Bud fight Fundora first after all his antics

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post

And Crawford getting an immediate shot at Jeff Horn after he moved up to 147.
        This is one benefit of going down the WBO path. I'm pretty sure other sanctioning bodies have their own version of this, but WBO is pretty consistent. A titlist asks to be installed as mandatory for the weight above them, and the WBO will usually grant it.
        Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

It's the same scenario as Inoue moving up in weight and getting a direct shot at Fulton.
          I get it but to tell a fighter he must fight a NON 154 fighter seems wrong. Hell, look at canelo and Benavides. No ones making them fight and their BOTH 168 pounders and Benividas EARNED the right. Crawford hasn’t EARNED SHEEIT.

Comment

Forget about who to fight next, these guys need to heal the damage from that bloodbath.

Comment

Yeah I get that Spence would sell out Dallas cowboys stadium but that would be about all, outside of Texas I don't think he has the same star power, so ticket sales might be fantastic but nationally/international PPV # 's probably wouldn't sell much, i think the rest of the boxing world is less interested in Spence than they are Crawford (my preference would be Crawford). I might be wrong but that's what I've noticed, fans in Texas love him but outside that state most people would rather see Bud

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

I get it but to tell a fighter he must fight a NON 154 fighter seems wrong. Hell, look at canelo and Benavides. No ones making them fight and their BOTH 168 pounders and Benividas EARNED the right. Crawford hasn’t EARNED SHEEIT.
                But Canelo/Benavidez is WBC related drama. I'm pointing out that the WBO's behavior is actually consistent with their history and their rules. I mentioned Inoue because he and Crawford were both granted an immediate title shot by the WBO once they moved up. They're applying some public pressure on Fundora so that there's no doubt where they stand: defend the title against your mandatory or get stripped. The WBC's way of handling things...only creates more problems in the long run. Last weekend, they had the WBC and WBC interim titles up for grabs, makes no damn sense. Bohachuk was supposed to be the one who got to face Tszyu instead of Fundora. Just imagine how long Bohacuk is gonna have to wait for a title shot.
                Last edited by kiaba360; 04-01-2024, 04:33 PM.
                Goatintheboat Goatintheboat likes this.

Comment

This is one benefit of going down the WBO path. I'm pretty sure other sanctioning bodies have their own version of this, but WBO is pretty consistent. A titlist asks to be installed as mandatory for the weight above them, and the WBO will usually grant it.
                  Yes, which is why we said Crawford should have gone after Teixeira (then WBO champion) instead of fighting Brook, back when Patrick called him out for a fight in 2020.

https://www.ringtv.com/602855-patric...g-opportunity/

He would have EASILY destroyed Teixeira, cemented a 154 belt and could have just sat on it waiting for guys to come at him while waiting on Spence. And he would made further history without being inactive because guaranteed, 154 guys would have been coming at him thinking he was vulnerable and inexperienced at the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post

Yes, which is why we said Crawford should have gone after Teixeira (then WBO champion) instead of fighting Brook, back when Patrick called him out for a fight in 2020.

https://www.ringtv.com/602855-patric...g-opportunity/

He would have EASILY destroyed Teixeira, cemented a 154 belt and could have just sat on it waiting for guys to come at him while waiting on Spence. And he would made further history without being inactive because guaranteed, 154 guys would have been coming at him thinking he was vulnerable and inexperienced at the weight.
                    He had enough time to fight Teixeira and Brook in 2020. This may be his last opportunity to get a 154lb title, but would he be willing to face someone like Josh Kelly if Tszyu isn't available? TC will need to be more flexible with his asking price.
                    Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jikeccfc View Post
                      spence is a p*sshead wa*ker, held crawford to rematch ,delayed him fighting ,faked injury ,then turns up like a bad smell from an unwashed womans knickers stinking the place out looking pie eyed where crawford almost blinded him ,spence scared to rematch crawford ,now hes a tiddler slaughtered by the real big fish..........
                      Nothin further need be said

Comment

Working...
                      X