Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Tszyu's Promoter Full of Pride - and Plans for Big Future Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tim Tszyu's Promoter Full of Pride - and Plans for Big Future Fights

Despite Tim Tszyu's loss on Saturday, his promoter contends that the fighter's stock has risen - and that he could still move into a fight with the likes of Errol Spence or Terence Crawford.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 03-31-2024, 06:53 PM.

you have to take positives from a loss especially when they will believe their guy didnt show his best for whatever reasons valid or not, which i think in this case he does have a point, a win in a rematch is not a guarantee tho, each fight is different

Comment

In this case justified, I think. Can you imagine trying to outbox a difficult opponent with blood seeping into your eyes for 10 of the 12 rounds? Fair play, I thought Fundora boxed better than I thought he could & although I think he has technical shortcomings he looked great in there. Fact remains, IMO, Tim woulda won without that horrible cut.

Comment

If Tszyu has a rematch clause in place than his team would be fools not to enforce it. They have no leverage at all against the big names without those belts.

Comment

Push for the rematch while it’s still an active contract. If that indeed happens then the WBO will probably strip to make it available for Crawford . Josh Kelly is wbo#1 with Lubin at 2

Comment

Putting Josh Kelly in with Bud Crawford really is like putting a chihuahua in with a pitbull. I'm not like Sid-Knee but I do usually try to stand up for British fighters but Josh Kelly v Bud isn't remotely going to be competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
              In this case justified, I think. Can you imagine trying to outbox a difficult opponent with blood seeping into your eyes for 10 of the 12 rounds? Fair play, I thought Fundora boxed better than I thought he could & although I think he has technical shortcomings he looked great in there. Fact remains, IMO, Tim woulda won without that horrible cut.
              fights change from cuts fights change from stamina fights change when a fighter looses focus for a split second and gets caught..........i say that bc you never know if Tsyz would have held him off and stayed foucesed and not got caught with something by a guy who swings link Fundora .....i hear what you mean tho. promo guys do what is in there best interest and fighters have advisors on there up coming choices in the ring, Tsy has got choices and must decide if he wants Funboy for a second time or if he would rather go in a dif direction. Dont think he is not remembering how that style (Funboy) can make for another miserable dificult match up no matter how prepared he is. Lots of choices to grow as a figther for both men..........

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
                Putting Josh Kelly in with Bud Crawford really is like putting a chihuahua in with a pitbull. I'm not like Sid-Knee but I do usually try to stand up for British fighters but Josh Kelly v Bud isn't remotely going to be competitive.
                I’m not entirely sure how the WBO fills its vacant belt but I know Bud enforcing his super champ status means he has dibs. I’m not sure which contender will have the option. I differ on Kelly, he’s decent but Crawford wrecks him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post
                  If Tszyu has a rematch clause in place than his team would be fools not to enforce it. They have no leverage at all against the big names without those belts.
                  You’re 100% correct.

Comment

Tszyu now avoids Crawford which is a great result. He gets plenty of chances against Bohachuk fundora Spence and others.

Comment

Working...
                    X