No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Four Not-Quite-Hot Takes On The PBC-Amazon Debut Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Four Not-Quite-Hot Takes On The PBC-Amazon Debut Card

By Eric Raskin - I hate "hot take" culture. I hate being told to "embrace debate." You want to know what I embrace? Reasoned thought. People stating opinions they actually believe -- and stating them at normal decibel levels.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 03-29-2024, 10:52 AM.

I agree with the takes in the article.

Comment

Good article. I was going to stay away from this one entirely but I’m not convinced the pre-PPV fights are worth watching. Still not going to pay $70 to watch Rolly Romero.

This article is good writing too, except the sentence that contains the phrase “oh crap.” Don’t ever use that phrase, in writing or in life.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I agree with the takes in the article.
        I do as well. Thurman was never going to sell the card.

Comment

Originally posted by sirculturevulture View Post
          Good article. I was going to stay away from this one entirely but I’m not convinced the pre-PPV fights are worth watching. Still not going to pay $70 to watch Rolly Romero.

This article is good writing too, except the sentence that contains the phrase "oh crap"; Don't ever use that phrase, in writing or in life.
          why does that bother you so much when there is so much else in life that could bother someone - in full context ie a metaphor for how Cruz fights and then a pesky fly actually grabbing the supposedly-dropped swatter and starting to swat you - well visualising it made me laugh out loud!

Great writing Eric!
          landotter landotter pnut901 pnut901 like this.

Comment

Good article. Rather refreshing, TBH, based on some of the recent drivel that hasn't even been proofread. I might even be convinced to tune into the pre PPV fights. I also hope most people will vote with their wallets against putting this sort of card on $70 or more paywalls.
            landotter landotter Verus Verus like this.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Feroz99 View Post

I do as well. Thurman was never going to sell the card.
              He never deserved the fight imo. But I get you need Tim to look good against a name to build interest.
              El_Feroz99 El_Feroz99 likes this.

Comment

I always watch the prelims , you never know when a great fight is going to happen. Plus , you get to see new fighters and fighters developing. It's worth my time.

Comment

For the card to be PPV is ridiculous. WTF wants to pay $70 when you can get on some stream for $0. Amazon and PBC are trying to rip us off. I highly doubt if idiots who pay $70 will get more than 200k buys for this wack card.

Comment

Good fight. No complaints but is it worth the price?? Idk I wasn’t buying it in the first place. I’m a fan of both guys and I would rather each against other good fighters. I hoped Thurman was going through with the fight because he was getting splattered. He probably pulled because it wasn’t selling as well as he wanted.

Comment

Working...
                    X