Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derrick James Hints at Rift With Errol Spence Jr., Focuses on Other Charges

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post

It’s not social media.

Crawford got out jabbed by both Benavidez (on one leg) and Amir Khan.
    Crawford had his eye damn near closed from jabs by the ghost of Kell Brook.
    Crawford got two-pieced, wobbled and dropped by Kavaliauskas.
    Crawford was getting touched up by Avanesyan.
    Crawford dropped five rounds minimum to a tentative Shawn Porter.

The world saw a man who gets hit. That’s why the odds went the way they went.

Spence didn’t show up. Period. There’s simply no logical reason he should have been getting rocked off jabs from a former lightweight even if he did eventually lose. He wasn’t there on fight night. And Derrick James alluded to it.
    Lmfao
    This folks , is excuse # 698
    Nothing before the split and now this
    Unbelievable , this is magical

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post

stop it!!! he didnt look great? what was the mistakes that spence was showing in the porter/ugas fight that he showed against TC?

and there was no mention of this after the porter or ugas fight.... in fact, when the fight got annouce of spence vs TC, lots of fans on was picking spence to win... now all of a sudden, spence has been making the same mistakes since the porter/ugas fight?
      I don't get it. In what areas have you seen Spence improve simce the Kell Brook fight? Spence has been making the same mistakes for the majority of his WW title run.

You thought he looked great vs Porter and Ugas? His limitations as an inside fighter were glaring vs Porter and Ugas was able to time Errol's jab, he just didn't have the footwork to keep it going. He even wobbled Spence with a counter prior to the mouthpiece fiasco.

I wanted Spence to win. I picked him to win, but that was more hope than belief. I had my reservations. The signs were there that he was going to struggle vs Bud.
      Last edited by Gary Coleman; 03-28-2024, 12:29 AM.
      BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
        If Spence made $25M James deserves 2.5M. Spence needs to do the right thing or James needs to take him to court in the state of Texas.
        This 10% no matter what stuff is looney toons to me. I get 10% up to a certain point but when you are commanding multi million dollar purses its about the boxer connecting with fans more than his boxing skills. A trainer should be rewarded for his part no doubt, but the boxer should be rewarded for his popularity that goes beyond boxing abilities.

Not to mention a boxer has a limited time to make money & only can make money from their own blood sweat & tears. A trainer can train 20 guys & can train for 50+ years. If a trainer wanted 10% of my $25M per fight he better be only be fooking with me 24/7/365.

Comment

Here’s the thing.

Martin didn’t lose BUT he looked basic in his last fight.

Joshua didn’t lose BUT he looked basic until he went back to Davison.

Garcia is Illuminati now and didn’t look good in his last fight.

Baby Charlo got completely dominated.

Older Charlo is now ducking Canelo.

Spence got washed.

so basically…Derrick has no fighter that hasn’t been at least somewhat exposed. That’s got to count.

Spence said it’s on him. It is. But we can’t ignore that he wasn’t the only one who has looked exposed recently. The trainer is the only common thread.
          Derrick James didn't tell Spence to blow up to 190 between fights! That's all on him! Martin won, Joshua won, and Garcia won! Baby Charlo got beat by a future HOF Fighter! Spence got washed, and that's on him!

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
            If Spence made $25M James deserves 2.5M. Spence needs to do the right thing or James needs to take him to court in the state of Texas.
            If the rift is about the money, then the relationship is irreparable. It's similar to Golovkin getting rid of Sanchez and going for cheaper alternatives.
            Thing is I don't see anything more that James can add to improve what Spence has been doing for many years with a variety of opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

This 10% no matter what stuff is looney toons to me. I get 10% up to a certain point but when you are commanding multi million dollar purses its about the boxer connecting with fans more than his boxing skills. A trainer should be rewarded for his part no doubt, but the boxer should be rewarded for his popularity that goes beyond boxing abilities.

Not to mention a boxer has a limited time to make money & only can make money from their own blood sweat & tears. A trainer can train 20 guys & can train for 50+ years. If a trainer wanted 10% of my $25M per fight he better be only be fooking with me 24/7/365.
              I'd like to get your thoughts on this? Is is time for Shakur to leave Top Rank?

Shakur Stevenson’s Rumored Opponents: Abdullaev And Harutyunyan
              By Tim Compton - 03/27/2024​

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...tyunyan/276029
              Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post

I don't get it. In what areas have you seen Spence improve simce the Kell Brook fight? Spence has been making the same mistakes for the majority of his WW title run.

You thought he looked great vs Porter and Ugas? His limitations as an inside fighter were glaring vs Porter and Ugas was able to time Errol's jab, he just didn't have the footwork to keep it going. He even wobbled Spence with a counter prior to the mouthpiece fiasco.

I wanted Spence to win. I picked him to win, but that was more hope than belief. I had my reservations. The signs were there that he was going to struggle vs Bud.
                but spence was seen as a killer ever since those fights up until losing to TC!!! so if spence was that bad since the brook fight then why was spence seen as a killer on here???? dont act like fans on here wasnt hyping spence up until the loss to TC.... spence was held to such a high standard on here, looked at as a killer, etc... there was never any mention of how bad spence looks against brook, porter, ugas, etc.... now after the loss to TC, ya saying spence has been looking bad since the brook fight? where was any mention of this on here??? can you bump those post up?
                Last edited by IceTrayDaGang; 03-28-2024, 08:15 AM.
                BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by cmwiza View Post

Try watching the sport without an agenda. You will enjoy it more. Maybe, if you hadn’t come to believe your own Crawford propaganda, you wouldn’t be stuck with “simply no logical reason” why Spence was beaten like a rented mule.
                  Every bullet listed is fact. You can ignore them - it doesn't change them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    Derrick James didn't tell Spence to blow up to 190 between fights! That's all on him! Martin won, Joshua won, and Garcia won! Baby Charlo got beat by a future HOF Fighter! Spence got washed, and that's on him!
                    The moment Joshua stopped relying on James he started looking like a killer again.

If Cryan Garcia and Frank Martin get smoked, don't come back here making excuses.

Comment

The moment Joshua stopped relying on James he started looking like a killer again.

If Cryan Garcia and Frank Martin get smoked, don't come back here making excuses.
                      a trainer can only do so much... it's up to the fighter to go out and execute it. the trainer doesnt fight for the fighter. when a fighter is clearly better than his opponent, then there is nothing a trainer can do or help his opponent that will change anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X