Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UKAD and BBBofC have won their appeal against Conor Benn.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Oh my god

I don’t think it drags on. I think this means that the decision is overturned (the one he won) and Conor Benn gets a ban.

I think!!!
    Not even that simple. Think it just means they can decide on a ban or not. The original case meant they didn't have jurisdiction, the WBC did (and cleared him).

Now they won the case saying they can have jurisdiction regardless of who's test it is (to fight in the UK).

It's a complete mess. It'll drag on for months at least.

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post

Not even that simple. Think it just means they can decide on a ban or not. The original case meant they didn't have jurisdiction, the WBC did (and cleared him).

Now they won the case saying they can have jurisdiction regardless of who's test it is (to fight in the UK).

It's a complete mess. It'll drag on for months at least.
      Is that a fact? I haven’t seen an actual source that that is the reason outside of hearsay.

I’m talking in regards to the NAPD case than Conor won (that’s been overturned) not the WBC one.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Is that a fact? I haven’t seen an actual source that that is the reason outside of hearsay.

I’m talking in regards to the NAPD case than Conor won (that’s been overturned) not the WBC one.
        Hearsay I guess, but it hasn't been denied, think that means a lot. I think it's likely the truth.

Tbf, I think it does set a dangerous precedent that BBBoC/UKAD can ignore all other decisions regardless of whether they were part of it... but on the other side, they were emailed the results, so they must've had some involvement.

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post

Hearsay I guess, but it hasn't been denied, think that means a lot. I think it's likely the truth.

Tbf, I think it does set a dangerous precedent that BBBoC/UKAD can ignore all other decisions regardless of whether they were part of it... but on the other side, they were emailed the results, so they must've had some involvement.
          They were a part of it. It was their hearing (Vs Conor Benn).

I’m stunned they won the appeal but, clearly they have so the NAPD must have felt strongly to overturn their original decision.

At this point it’s take the ban, where it could get tricky here is BBBoC/UKAD might give him the full duration which I think is 4 years. He’s already been out 2 years.

Comment

Working...
          X