Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charles Conwell Gears Up Again With Golden Boy, Aims for Vergil Ortiz Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

If they bragged about Zayas being a potential superstar, that's a clue that they're going to protect him for as long as possible.

Also, Benitez was a three weight champion by 22: 140, 147 and 154. That's large shoes to fill for any fighter in this era. I think it's more fair to compare with Miguel Cotto: one month shy of his 24th birthday, Cotto beat Pinto for the WBO 140lb title. I think that's doable for Zayas, but will TR allow it to happen?
    Yeah, but fans like me are starting to question all of this delay with his career, and when you're that good your career is supposed to be fast tracked.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

They're going to have to fast track Shu Shu, because he's further along in his career than Zayas is. At least that's the way I see it, Shu Shu is lethal to his opponent's.
      Xander's career began in 2019, but he's only 21, yet he has 18 fights. Shu-Shu debut was 2021, but he's 26, AND ONLY HAS 11 FIGHTS!!! NO BUENO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Xander's career began in 2019, but he's only 21, yet he has 18 fights. Shu-Shu debut was 2021, but he's 26, AND ONLY HAS 11 FIGHTS!!! NO BUENO!!!
        I hear you Bronx2245 I didn't know about the age difference, but Shu Shu is coming into his own, and has looked spectacular in his last few fight.
        Look for him to get a shot at one of the titles later on this year, or in the first quarter of 2025. I'm telling you this kid has lethal power, and considerable boxing skills.
        As far as Zander is concerned I don't know what Top Ranks concerns are in matching with the better fighters in the division.
        In other words do they know something that we don't, such as does he have a suspect chin, or gas out a bit late in his fights?
        I haven't seen any of those kinds of flaws, so what can be the hold up on really advancing his career?
        I understand that Shu Shu is older, and only has 11 fights, but he's more advanced in his 11 fights than Zander was in his first 11 fights without question in my mind.
        Where will Zander career be when he reach's 26, if they continue to restrain his development?
        I wasn't as quick to question the slow path that Top Rank has chosen to take with his career, but I am now because he's already been in the sport for 4 1/2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

I hear you Bronx2245 I didn't know about the age difference, but Shu Shu is coming into his own, and has looked spectacular in his last few fight.
          Look for him to get a shot at one of the titles later on this year, or in the first quarter of 2025. I'm telling you this kid has lethal power, and considerable boxing skills.
          As far as Zander is concerned I don't know what Top Ranks concerns are in matching with the better fighters in the division.
          In other words do they know something that we don't, such as does he have a suspect chin, or gas out a bit late in his fights?
          I haven't seen any of those kinds of flaws, so what can be the hold up on really advancing his career?
          I understand that Shu Shu is older, and only has 11 fights, but he's more advanced in his 11 fights than Zander was in his first 11 fights without question in my mind.
          Where will Zander career be when he reach's 26, if they continue to restrain his development?
          I wasn't as quick to question the slow path that Top Rank has chosen to take with his career, but I am now because he's already been in the sport for 4 1/2 years.
          Zayas is young, so I get why they're slow walking him, but Shu-Shu is 26!!! At the pace they're moving him, he won't have a title until 27-28 years old! Shu-Shu should be fighting Robiesy Ramirez NEXT!!!

Comment

Working...
          X