Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charles Conwell Gears Up Again With Golden Boy, Aims for Vergil Ortiz Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shameful matchmaking on the part of GBP. Dulorme is an aging journeyman retread who is almost as old as me. On top of that, he's a natural jr. welterweight who was never competitive at 147. Why is Vergil still fighting body bags this late in his career, and why are there some fans who are ok with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post

Ortiz "fragile" where the heck you get that from he never been down or really hurt throughout his career....**** Crawford has been put on skates by featherweights is he "fragile" to you too? Or are you talking about his illness which he's not the only fighter to have time off due to Illnesses but as far as in the ring Ortiz has proven durable More so than guys like Crawford and Spence so yeah.

I would bet you Vergil lights his ass up brutally...conwell arguably just lost to his last opponent which was a washed up journeymen.
      Really I didn't know that Regge, and he hasn't fought in 1 1/2 years. Juan Abreu has losses to some of the toughest fighters in the welterweight division.
      Ortiz's fragility comes from his medical conditions, which have caused him to cancel a few of his fights in the past.
      Last edited by Boricua181; 03-28-2024, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

I couldn't have stated it much better Bronx2245, Dulorme hasn't been competitive in quite a few years.
        Diaz vs Duarte might turn out to be a competitive fight. Barthelemy can lull you to sleep but Ramirez, better watch out for the Cuban's power.
        Those weren't my words, but I get it! Conwell should be next! On another note, I hope Arum plans to step up Xander Zayas' competition too! He should be a contender by the end of this year!!!

Boricua181 Boricua181 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Those weren't my words, but I get it! Conwell should be next! On another note, I hope Arum plans to step up Xander Zayas' competition too! He should be a contender by the end of this year!!!
          It's going to start with Patrick Textiera a former champion, and then the fights against the better ranked fighters.
          Fighters like # 27 Takeshi Inoue, # 26 Callum Walsh, # 23 Yoenis Tellez, # 14 Dennis Hogan, # 13 Jesus Ramos, # 7 Magomed Kurbanov, # 5 Brian Mendoza,
          # 3 Erickson Lubin, # 1 Tim Tszyu!
          Why is it taking so long for Top Rank to match Zayas with the cream of the crop in the 154 pound division?
          I'm starting to get suspicious about why they are holding him up from facing better opposition. It time to let the kid run the gauntlet of his division, do it now Bob.
          Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

It's going to start with Patrick Textiera a former champion, and then the fights against the better ranked fighters.
            Fighters like # 27 Takeshi Inoue, # 26 Callum Walsh, # 23 Yoenis Tellez, # 14 Dennis Hogan, # 13 Jesus Ramos, # 7 Magomed Kurbanov, # 5 Brian Mendoza,
            Why is it taking so long for Top Rank to match Zayas with the cream of the crop in the 154 pound division?
            I'm starting to get suspicious about why they are holding him up from facing better opposition. It time to let the kid run the gauntlet of his division, do it now Bob.
            I don't like how they're moving "Shu-Shu" either!!!

Comment

Subriel Matias vs Liam Paro official for June 15th in Puerto Rico
              The bout marks Subriel Matias’ first defense as IBF super lightweight champion
              By Patrick Stumberg Mar 27, 2024

https://www.badlefthook.com/2024/3/2...ws-2024​

Comment

Two reasons: Zayas is only 21, and TR has zero control over 154. They don't want to send Zayas anywhere, and they're hoping his youth will allow him to outlast everyone.

As for Ortiz/Dulorme, that match-up is trash!
                Last edited by kiaba360; 03-28-2024, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I don't like how they're moving "Shu-Shu" either!!!
                  They're going to have to fast track Shu Shu, because he's further along in his career than Zayas is. At least that's the way I see it, Shu Shu is lethal to his opponent's.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Two reasons: Zayas is only 21, and TR has zero control over 154. They don't want to send Zayas anywhere, and they're hoping his youth will allow him to outlast everyone.

As for Ortiz/Dulorme, that match-up is trash!
                    Wilfred Benitez, and Felix Trinindad, were already champions by the time they were 21.
                    As a matter of fact Benitez had won his second championship, and that one was at 154 pounds by the time he was 21.
                    Top Rank shouldn't have to be waiting out anyone if they've got the goods in Zayas.
                    Like they were bragging that they had the next superstar when they initially signed him.
                    He's fought 18 professional fights, along with his amateur pedigree that's more than enough experience to take on anyone in the division.

Comment

Wilfred Benitez, and Felix Trinindad, were already champions by the time they were 21.
                      As a matter of fact Benitez had won his second championship, and that one was at 154 pounds by the time he was 21.
                      Top Rank shouldn't have to be waiting out anyone if they've got the goods in Zayas.
                      Like they were bragging that they had the next superstar when they initially signed him.
                      He's fought 18 professional fights, along with his amateur pedigree that's more than enough experience to take on anyone in the division.
                      If they bragged about Zayas being a potential superstar, that's a clue that they're going to protect him for as long as possible.

Also, Benitez was a three weight champion by 22: 140, 147 and 154. That's large shoes to fill for any fighter in this era. I think it's more fair to compare with Miguel Cotto: one month shy of his 24th birthday, Cotto beat Pinto for the WBO 140lb title. I think that's doable for Zayas, but will TR allow it to happen?
                      Last edited by kiaba360; 03-28-2024, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X