Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charles Conwell Gears Up Again With Golden Boy, Aims for Vergil Ortiz Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronx2245
    replied
    Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

I hear you Bronx2245 I didn't know about the age difference, but Shu Shu is coming into his own, and has looked spectacular in his last few fight.
    Look for him to get a shot at one of the titles later on this year, or in the first quarter of 2025. I'm telling you this kid has lethal power, and considerable boxing skills.
    As far as Zander is concerned I don't know what Top Ranks concerns are in matching with the better fighters in the division.
    In other words do they know something that we don't, such as does he have a suspect chin, or gas out a bit late in his fights?
    I haven't seen any of those kinds of flaws, so what can be the hold up on really advancing his career?
    I understand that Shu Shu is older, and only has 11 fights, but he's more advanced in his 11 fights than Zander was in his first 11 fights without question in my mind.
    Where will Zander career be when he reach's 26, if they continue to restrain his development?
    I wasn't as quick to question the slow path that Top Rank has chosen to take with his career, but I am now because he's already been in the sport for 4 1/2 years.
    Zayas is young, so I get why they're slow walking him, but Shu-Shu is 26!!! At the pace they're moving him, he won't have a title until 27-28 years old! Shu-Shu should be fighting Robiesy Ramirez NEXT!!!

Leave a comment:

• Boricua181
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Xander's career began in 2019, but he's only 21, yet he has 18 fights. Shu-Shu debut was 2021, but he's 26, AND ONLY HAS 11 FIGHTS!!! NO BUENO!!!
    I hear you Bronx2245 I didn't know about the age difference, but Shu Shu is coming into his own, and has looked spectacular in his last few fight.
    Look for him to get a shot at one of the titles later on this year, or in the first quarter of 2025. I'm telling you this kid has lethal power, and considerable boxing skills.
    As far as Zander is concerned I don't know what Top Ranks concerns are in matching with the better fighters in the division.
    In other words do they know something that we don't, such as does he have a suspect chin, or gas out a bit late in his fights?
    I haven't seen any of those kinds of flaws, so what can be the hold up on really advancing his career?
    I understand that Shu Shu is older, and only has 11 fights, but he's more advanced in his 11 fights than Zander was in his first 11 fights without question in my mind.
    Where will Zander career be when he reach's 26, if they continue to restrain his development?
    I wasn't as quick to question the slow path that Top Rank has chosen to take with his career, but I am now because he's already been in the sport for 4 1/2 years.

Leave a comment:

• Bronx2245
    replied

They're going to have to fast track Shu Shu, because he's further along in his career than Zayas is. At least that's the way I see it, Shu Shu is lethal to his opponent's.
    Xander's career began in 2019, but he's only 21, yet he has 18 fights. Shu-Shu debut was 2021, but he's 26, AND ONLY HAS 11 FIGHTS!!! NO BUENO!!!

Leave a comment:

• Boricua181
    replied
    Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

If they bragged about Zayas being a potential superstar, that's a clue that they're going to protect him for as long as possible.

Also, Benitez was a three weight champion by 22: 140, 147 and 154. That's large shoes to fill for any fighter in this era. I think it's more fair to compare with Miguel Cotto: one month shy of his 24th birthday, Cotto beat Pinto for the WBO 140lb title. I think that's doable for Zayas, but will TR allow it to happen?
    Yeah, but fans like me are starting to question all of this delay with his career, and when you're that good your career is supposed to be fast tracked.

Leave a comment:

• kiaba360
    replied

Wilfred Benitez, and Felix Trinindad, were already champions by the time they were 21.
    As a matter of fact Benitez had won his second championship, and that one was at 154 pounds by the time he was 21.
    Top Rank shouldn't have to be waiting out anyone if they've got the goods in Zayas.
    Like they were bragging that they had the next superstar when they initially signed him.
    He's fought 18 professional fights, along with his amateur pedigree that's more than enough experience to take on anyone in the division.
    If they bragged about Zayas being a potential superstar, that's a clue that they're going to protect him for as long as possible.

Also, Benitez was a three weight champion by 22: 140, 147 and 154. That's large shoes to fill for any fighter in this era. I think it's more fair to compare with Miguel Cotto: one month shy of his 24th birthday, Cotto beat Pinto for the WBO 140lb title. I think that's doable for Zayas, but will TR allow it to happen?
    Last edited by kiaba360; 03-28-2024, 02:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Boricua181
    replied
    Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Two reasons: Zayas is only 21, and TR has zero control over 154. They don't want to send Zayas anywhere, and they're hoping his youth will allow him to outlast everyone.

As for Ortiz/Dulorme, that match-up is trash!
    Wilfred Benitez, and Felix Trinindad, were already champions by the time they were 21.
    As a matter of fact Benitez had won his second championship, and that one was at 154 pounds by the time he was 21.
    Top Rank shouldn't have to be waiting out anyone if they've got the goods in Zayas.
    Like they were bragging that they had the next superstar when they initially signed him.
    He's fought 18 professional fights, along with his amateur pedigree that's more than enough experience to take on anyone in the division.

Leave a comment:

• Boricua181
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    I don't like how they're moving "Shu-Shu" either!!!
    They're going to have to fast track Shu Shu, because he's further along in his career than Zayas is. At least that's the way I see it, Shu Shu is lethal to his opponent's.

Leave a comment:

• kiaba360
    replied

It's going to start with Patrick Textiera a former champion, and then the fights against the better ranked fighters.
    Fighters like # 27 Takeshi Inoue, # 26 Callum Walsh, # 23 Yoenis Tellez, # 14 Dennis Hogan, # 13 Jesus Ramos, # 7 Magomed Kurbanov, # 5 Brian Mendoza,
    # 3 Erickson Lubin, # 1 Tim Tszyu!
    Why is it taking so long for Top Rank to match Zayas with the cream of the crop in the 154 pound division?
    I'm starting to get su****ious about why they are holding him up from facing better opposition. It time to let the kid run the gauntlet of his division, do it now Bob.
    Two reasons: Zayas is only 21, and TR has zero control over 154. They don't want to send Zayas anywhere, and they're hoping his youth will allow him to outlast everyone.

As for Ortiz/Dulorme, that match-up is trash!
    Last edited by kiaba360; 03-28-2024, 08:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bronx2245
    replied

It's going to start with Patrick Textiera a former champion, and then the fights against the better ranked fighters.
    Fighters like # 27 Takeshi Inoue, # 26 Callum Walsh, # 23 Yoenis Tellez, # 14 Dennis Hogan, # 13 Jesus Ramos, # 7 Magomed Kurbanov, # 5 Brian Mendoza,
    Why is it taking so long for Top Rank to match Zayas with the cream of the crop in the 154 pound division?
    I'm starting to get su****ious about why they are holding him up from facing better opposition. It time to let the kid run the gauntlet of his division, do it now Bob.
    Subriel Matias vs Liam Paro official for June 15th in Puerto Rico
    The bout marks Subriel Matias’ first defense as IBF super lightweight champion
    By Patrick Stumberg Mar 27, 2024

https://www.badlefthook.com/2024/3/2...ws-2024​

Leave a comment:

• Bronx2245
    replied

I don't like how they're moving "Shu-Shu" either!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X