Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd Mayweather start the Rehydration Clause ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Floyd Mayweather start the Rehydration Clause ?

dont come at me, im just the messenger. go take it out on Robert.

I don't recall a single time that any of Floyd's fights had a rehydration clause.

Comment

As much as I don't like Floyd, I think Robert is talking rubbish here.

Comment

I don't remember Floyd ever having a hydration clause. I believe it started when Gatti weighed 20lbs heavier than Joey Gamache in the ring.

Comment

Don't recall froid ever doing it. Mainly just on steroids and diva demands. I like how dumb fvkc always try to take heat off him by saying Leonard started the diva a side bs

Comment

maybe robert is talking about floyd Sr?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I don't recall a single time that any of Floyd's fights had a rehydration clause.
              I don’t think he ever did. Very sure he didn’t against Canelo, which would have been the most likely.

Comment

Did the IBF introduce it?

Comment

Canelo always said that Mayweather tried to include one for their fight:
                  https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-m...y-weigh--69544
                  kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Floyd did try to have one put in vs Canelo but there ended up not being one. And there was supposed to be one for his matchup vs Marquez, along with a catchweight of 144, to make it more fair for the lightweight champion coming up, but Mayweather got those scrapped, so Marquez ended up fighting 3 weight divisions up from his usual. I think that's how they're supposed to be used, to make it more fair for the B-side, rather than stacking the deck for the A-side, but, well, boxing...

Comment

Working...
                    X