Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benavidez vs Gvozdyk, Tough fight for Bena.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is tough fight still.

Gvozdyk is more dangerous than anybody at 168.
    Roadblock Roadblock likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

I never re-watched the Stevenson fight, but Adonis' athleticism was one of his strong points. He still hit the canvas. Also haven't re-watched the Beterbiev fight either, but your standards are too high because nobody has been able to get away from Beterbiev. Bivol probably has the best feet at LHW, but I don't envision him being able to stay away for 12 rounds either.

I think Bivol outboxes Beterbiev without much trouble.

Beterbiev has never fought anybody as good as Bivol is.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

I think Bivol outboxes Beterbiev without much trouble.

Beterbiev has never fought anybody as good as Bivol is.
        If Bivol makes it look easy, he is undoubtedly a P4P-caliber fighter.

Comment

I think it's a superb fight where it will demonstrate if Benavidez's skills can hang at 175 despite multiple claims by some fans that he gets bulldozed because he only won due to being bigger than most super middleweights.

too bad that Anthony Yarde and Joe Smith Jr a will move to cruiserweight though. Benjamin Whitaker could probably climb the rankings sooner than later. Morrell could also probably move up to 175 knowing Canelo will just impede everyone from getting a belt.
          Last edited by Feroz; 03-25-2024, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Benavidez will bring a kind of heat that Gvodzyk won't be able to sustain. He will knock Gvodzyk out by accumulation of punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

If Bivol makes it look easy, he is undoubtedly a P4P-caliber fighter.
              I honestly think he will.

I like Beterbiev, but he is not Wilder of 175 division. he must accumulate punches to do a damage. When he will try to do that, he will be countered the whole night. Yes, Beterbiev is very strong and he looks great fighting cement footed opponents.

I think Beterbiev is not stupid and he will take this fight very carefully. He will go for a kill in the last 2 rounds after he will be instructed by his corner that he needs a KO to win.

If Beterbiev goes for the kill earlier, Bivol wins ever easier. Bivol will just love fighting the guy that will not fight in survival mode like his usual opponents.

The reason Bivol looks so "boring" is, his opponents usually don`t even try to win. They come to lose 12 rounds in a boring fight.

Comment

Have we seen Beterbiev face anyone with such elite distance control? I'm trying to remember but can't think of anyone off the top of my head. I have to go with Bivol, too. I mean, it would not shock me if Beterbiev ended him inside of twelve (Artur's boxing skills ARE slept on), but Bivol is just terribly difficult to hit clean. The one time he was wobbled (that I can recall) came after the bell with an overhand right (Smith), and it was sheer luck. Beterbiev does his best work on the inside and I seriously doubt Bivol will allow him to cross over his jab. I foresee Beterbiev having to reset almost the entire night.

Ugh, come on, June 1st!
                Last edited by Joseph; 03-25-2024, 04:43 PM.
                JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                  Have we seen Beterbiev face anyone with such elite distance control? I'm trying to remember but can't think of anyone off the top of my head. I have to go with Bivol, too. I mean, it would not shock me if Beterbiev ended him inside of twelve (Artur's boxing skills ARE slept on), but Bivol is just terribly difficult to hit clean. The one time he was wobbled (that I can recall) came after the bell with an overhand right (Smith), and it was sheer luck. Beterbiev does his best work on the inside and I seriously doubt Bivol will allow him to cross over his jab. I foresee Beterbiev having to reset almost the entire night.

Ugh, come on, June 1st!
                  Man, I don`t even care about Fury and Usyk anymore.

I just want to see the best fight in boxing, which means Bivol - Beterbiev.
                  JosephHH Joseph likes this.

Comment

Gvozdyk is a really, really good fighter. His fight against Beterbiev was a 50/50 affair going in. During the fight, Nail was ahead on 2 out of 3 cards. The only knock on him is the inactivity, he took 4 years off after the loss. He's fought 3 times since and has looked good, but against terrible opposition. We don't know which Gvozdyk we'll get. He's 36, that's not too old for a LHW. If he shows up out of shape and barely moving, we'll know that this was his last hurrah and he was cashing out. If he shows up looking sharp, this is a SERIOUS threat to Benavidez.

Folks will need to take off their fanboy colored glasses to see the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                      Benavidez will bring a kind of heat that Gvodzyk won't be able to sustain. He will knock Gvodzyk out by accumulation of punishment.
                      The same heat that Plant sustained with no problem ?

Comment

Working...
                      X