Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carlos Adames Wants To Move Up To 168 To Face Edgar Berlanga In Puerto Rico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

The WBC denied his request to face Jermall for the WBC title. Adames is literally in no man's land.
    No sense in not staying active man.
    kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tomhawq View Post
      Oh wow, this clown ran out of cash he wants to come back in the ring now. Nine months since his last fight and still no fight lined up.
      I wouldn't call him a clown for it tbh. Not necessarily with him but overall fighters are just not fighting anymore and just waiting for a 6 and 7 figure payday to fall out of the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by tomhawq View Post
        No sense in not staying active man.
        1000% agree. I think Adames has been fluctuating between frustration and apathy. He made the mistake of waiting around, while Jermall decided to take a tune-up at 168. Now he may be getting desperate about his situation. IDK why he has not spoken to TR about Janibek...or tried to get a fight with Lara. I wonder what his deal with PBC looks like.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 03-25-2024, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingUpdates View Post
          Carlos Adames (23-1) has been very vocal in his desire to move up to 168 pounds and face any of the top fighters in the division. He previously called out Canelo Alvarez, David Benavidez and Caleb Plant.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          All three of those fighters would **** up Carlos Adames, probably Berlanga would too!
          Now that's one fight that I'd like to see Adames vs Berlanga, I think Berlanga knocks him out after a few tough rounds.
          Berlanga is boxing better since he's changed trainers, and I believe that he hits harder than Adames.

Comment

Another guy busy calling people out and being ignored, while he ignores people who are calling him out. Boxing didn’t used to work this way. The sanctioning bodies should be deciding who fights who at the championship levels, not mouthy fighters acting like they’re picking a fight in the ghetto.
            pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

The WBC denied his request to face Jermall for the WBC title. Adames is literally in no man's land.
              He should fight Janibek. If he wins he ditches an interim title for 2 full titles. Sounds like a good trade.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post

He should fight Janibek. If he wins he ditches an interim title for 2 full titles. Sounds like a good trade.
                If he hasn't done this yet, I don't think he's going to. It just seems like a non-starter, for some reason. I know TR dumped him before he got to PBC, so maybe there's hard feelings? Adames needs to do SOMETHING because his career is going nowhere.

Comment

What must be the reason why?

Comment

Originally posted by brettWall View Post

What must be the reason why?
                    WBC kept giving Jermall a pass:
                    https://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-hold...charlo--170354
                    https://www.boxingscene.com/charlo-a...utcome--179268

Supposedly, Nathan Heaney is looking to face Adames. That's an opportunity Adames should jump on. Heaney is a decent fighter, but he doesn't have much power and he can be hurt.
                    https://www.badlefthook.com/2024/3/2...xing-news-2024

Comment

Adames by murder all day

Comment

Working...
                      X