Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN reported Wilder vs Zhang June 1st?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting fight. I like it. Both can crack, one is awkward and the other has slow feet and a suspect gas tank.

I could potentially see a wipeout or both hurt my the canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Weird fight. I feel like if the version of both that we saw last time show up this could be the worst fight of the year.

As to who wins it feels like Zhang early or Wilder late. I do trust Zhang's chin more, but I feel like his gas tank could lead to him quitting or a ref stoppage without him being dropped. That said Wilder's offense was virtually nonexistent vs Joe & hes not gonna win vs ANY top ten guy if he doesn't throw fooking punches.
      1000% agreed. This could be a very dull fight. Explosive in spurts, but a lot of staring and posturing. Very low punch output.

Wilder supposedly turned down the offer to face Zhang on the last card, so I wonder what has changed his mind.
      Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

1000% agreed. This could be a very dull fight. Explosive in spurts, but a lot of staring and posturing. Very low punch output.

Wilder supposedly turned down the offer to face Zhang on the last card, so I wonder what has changed his mind.
        he probably believed he saw something sweet in Zhang in Parker fight.

Zhang looked like a killer in Joyce fights, therefor Wilder had no intention in fighting him. But when he saw Zhang losing to the same guy he also lost to, he changed his mind.

Zhang looked very beatable in parker fight. But parker is actually a good boxer. Wilder is not.

I think Zhang retires Wilder.
        BoxOfficer BoxOfficer likes this.

Comment

They're also saying Hrgovic v Dubois, and possibly Parker v Joyce 2, all of these fights June 1 on the Beterbiev v Bivol undercard.

Comment

Today I have Zhang by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Big fat Saudi paycheck might have something to do with it. Don't think Wilder is hungry anymore, and he's undoubtedly making bank for crap performances.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                wilder back to his old guys!
                Zhang > Joshua. Wilder hurts guys who can't take it.

Parker beat Wilder because of a long, long absence.
                Zhang a much tougher fight for Wilder than A.J. would be.

What a waste of a Chinese superstar whose gifts would have moved boxing right into China as a tier 1 sport.
                -or-

What a waste of Wilder, who is the perfect design to leave A.J. out cold early in a rematch, of sorts, of the American revolution.

As always, poor management of the sport. no central body.

My pick is Zhang.

Comment

Intriguing fight. If Zhang can stand up to Wilder’s best punch, it’s game over.

Wilder is an overachiever anyway and after making all that money, motivation isnt the same and his age cant be ignored either.

Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

The rematch clause only applies if the Saudi dude wants it to apply.

Same with the rematch clause for Fury/Usyk.

If the dude decides he doesn't wanna see a rematch, there is no rematch. Because he's bankrolling the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      The rematch clause only applies if the Saudi dude wants it to apply.

Same with the rematch clause for Fury/Usyk.

If the dude decides he doesn't wanna see a rematch, there is no rematch. Because he's bankrolling the thing.
                      Saudis seem to want the good fights and Zhang-Parker was pretty forgettable. I doubt they want to invest in a rematch.

Zhang-Wilder would be a show though.
                      paulf paulf likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X