Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury/Usyk winner can't call themselves undisputed unless they face Hrgovic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The term 'undisputed' in boxing is premised on the arbitrary authority of corrupt sanctioning bodies. It's a contradiction to concede they're corrupt and then encourage the pursuit of 'undisputed' status.

We need activity, good fights, the best fighting the best. Not belt collections.

Comment

I don't understand why people say things like "bodies is corrupt so don't pay attention to them" like as if it is possible for the bodies to be corrupted by anyone but the fighters. Is ****ing Microsoft paying the WBC so that Canelo can a-side/b-side politics the rest of his career? Hmm? Probably more Canelo's doing than some rando entity that has **** all to do with boxing huh? Probably the ****ers what directly benefit from the corruption are the cause of the corruption and so getting rid of the corruption just makes it easier for fighters to take fights solely based on markets.

Which means you ain't getting the best vs the best. Duh.

How about the promoters? Maybe we give them **** for the corruption in boxing? Given, ya know, they are the cause and we all ****ing know it?

Maybe when you got a fighter refusing a fight you want to see and a body accepting that refusal despite their own rules, and, Bob Arum is clearly where the money is coming from to make these positions possible, maybe you should give that old jewbag some bull for his bull?

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

Do you know why people like you bring up Joshua in conversations about the best boxers in the division?

It's because he is relevant.
        Never said otherwise. Just keeping a little bit of perspective. He lost to the upper echelon and what he accomplished since then does not change that fact. If hecan get the gypsy in the ring in half decent shape and win, we can talk again.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
          The term 'undisputed' in boxing is premised on the arbitrary authority of corrupt sanctioning bodies. It's a contradiction to concede they're corrupt and then encourage the pursuit of 'undisputed' status.

We need activity, good fights, the best fighting the best. Not belt collections.
          This is why I'll always have a soft spot for the lineal. It is about as arbitrary as a rating can be, however it is based on truth
          dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

So why are Olympic medals so important to your theory when a lot of medalists do nothing in pro boxing?

So what's the difference between Audley Harrsion when he was undefeated and Hrgovic now? Hrgovic shouldn't even be undefeated if you ask most people.

Olympic medalists, similar stature etc. That's all youre basing the hype of Hrgovic on. Height, weight and a medal.

He's looked nothing but mediocre as a pro and will get found out like he did vs Zhang.
            How dare you call the mediocre moving croat mediocre..

Comment

oh i see. usyk vs fury is only for the wba/wbc/wbo titles. great post, fgt.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                Olympic medalists, similar stature etc. That's all youre basing the hype of Hrgovic on. Height, weight and a medal.

He's looked nothing but mediocre as a pro and will get found out like he did vs Zhang.
                I doubt Dubious Dynamite will do the finding though.

I expect him to bend the knee again.

Comment

Filip ain't got no belt. We pretending undisputed means something besides owning the 4 main belts now?

Granted I'd bet whoever wins in May won't have all 4 belts within like 6mos give or take with how these belt groups roll. So Filip could easily find a belt in the 2nd half of this year or early 2025.
                  pollywog pollywog likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Filip ain't got no belt. We pretending undisputed means something besides owning the 4 main belts now?

Granted I'd bet whoever wins in May won't have all 4 belts within like 6mos give or take with how these belt groups roll. So Filip could easily find a belt in the 2nd half of this year or early 2025.
                    I still reckon the only way there'll be a Fury/Usyk rematch is if the first one is a 'draw'.

Cos if there's a clear winner that person retires undefeated, undisputed, grand unified with their 0 intact, their legacy complete.

I reckon the loser would retire too as there's nothing more to prove in fighting A-Side Joshy or anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post
                      Because I'm sorry but Hrgovic disputes it and is way overdue his title shot.

I belive the IBF should strip their belt NOW and award it to the rightful champion, Fillip.
                      Your kidding??. Give me a break. He’s nothing special. Barely beat old man Zhang.

Comment

Working...
                      X