Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn Extended $15,000 VADA Drug-Testing Offer by Victor Conte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    "There has been no resolution yet in Benn’s case, with all parties awaiting a decision on the appeal process lodged with the British Boxing Board of Control and U.K. Anti-Doping. Benn’s hope is for the National Anti-Doping Agency to reverse its decision and allow the fighter to continue boxing in the U.K."

Totally incorrect. Not even close to correct in any capacity.

Benn already won the hearing with the NAPD to which his suspension was lifted.

It's UKAD/BBBoC's hope that the NAPD reverse the decision (That they lost and thus are appealing), not Benn.

I genuinely don't know how this situation is hard to understand for everybody. Including seemingly boxing writers, boxers and promoters.

Conor Benn had his hearing with UKADBBBoC, he won that hearing and was cleared to fight by the NAPD.

UKAD/BBBoC then appealed that decision (that they lost) to which another hearing has been had (appeal hearing) to which the decision on that is to be announced.
    If UKAD/BBBoC win the appeal, the NAPD's decision to clear Conor Benn get's reversed. If UKAD/BBBoC lose the appeal, the original decision stands, that Benn is clear to fight.

How is any of the above difficult to follow? I'm not understanding.
    This case is more complicated than a straightforward PED test failure. But not too complicated for a reasonably intelligent person to understand. And the facts are all out there for anybody to see - if they can be bothered reading one of the many statements released by parties involved.
    It's annoying that so many people don't bother doing that before they start writing or sounding off about it.
    Last edited by kafkod; 03-22-2024, 07:45 AM.

Comment

All boxing samples should be saved for ten year minimum. They should be tested repeatedly as new ways of discovering specific peds are discovered. Fighters should also have it imposed on that should the sample produce a positive within that ten year frame they void all rights to join the hall of fame and potentially face some sort of harsh financial penalty. Otherwise you end up with the fury’s, Benn’s, Canelo’s and so forth who showed us getting caught doesn’t matter, they’ll continue to earn millions and rewrite history.
      Last edited by turnedup; 03-22-2024, 11:15 AM.
      Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

dont think anyone cares anymore. even the floyd fans gave it up and stopped pretending to care

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Victor Conte reminds me of Jean Pascal’s failed attempt at yelling at Bernard Hopkins to “take the test” repeatedly. Nobody cared and no one in their right mind thought Hopkins was on anything. It was just Pascal causing a scene.
          Ehhhh, not sure on that one.

But Pascal used PEDs himself so more so projection from him more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

This case is more complicated than a straightforward PED test failure. But not too complicated for a reasonably intelligent person to understand. And the facts are all out there for anybody to see - if they can be bothered reading one of the many statements released by parties involved.
            It's annoying that so many people don't bother doing that before they start writing or sounding off about it.
            It's mind blowing to me, honestly.

I've explained this as clear and simple as I can to posters on here and then they still post in every thread on this topic saying the same thing "Benn needs to get infront of the BBBoC" or "Benn still hasn't had his hearing" or "Benn has avoided a hearing" it's INSANE. He has literally had a hearing with BBBoC/UKAD and not only that won that hearing. There is literally not a single thing more the guy can do to attempt to clear his name.

I'll even break it down bit by bit to some posters and they'll say "you're confused" No mate YOU are confused.

I understand posters saying it, but I see boxers like Carl Froch saying it, promoters like Frank Warren saying it. "He hasn't had a hearing" He literally has had a hearing..... He has had THE hearing. And won it...... And his suspension lifted........

Let's see what happens with this appeal. I bet more nonsense arises.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

It's mind blowing to me, honestly.

I've explained this as clear and simple as I can to posters on here and then they still post in every thread on this topic saying the same thing "Benn needs to get infront of the BBBoC" or "Benn still hasn't had his hearing" or "Benn has avoided a hearing" it's INSANE. He has literally had a hearing with BBBoC/UKAD and not only that won that hearing. There is literally not a single thing more the guy can do to attempt to clear his name.

I'll even break it down bit by bit to some posters and they'll say "you're confused" No mate YOU are confused.

I understand posters saying it, but I see boxers like Carl Froch saying it, promoters like Frank Warren saying it. "He hasn't had a hearing" He literally has had a hearing..... He has had THE hearing. And won it...... And his suspension lifted........

Let's see what happens with this appeal. I bet more nonsense arises.
              Tbf, Hearn has done his best to muddy the waters so a successful job from him.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarDeanC*ntly View Post

Tbf, Hearn has done his best to muddy the waters so a successful job from him.
                In what way?

Comment

Is IronDanHamza in here sucking off Conor Benn again?

And saying who cares if Eddie Hearn is not clean? Promoting steroid use for all I guess. You go, Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Is IronDanHamza in here sucking off Conor Benn again?

And saying who cares if Eddie Hearn is not clean? Promoting steroid use for all I guess. You go, Dan.
                    Kind of like the same way you give that clean bill of health to Canelo
                    You know the one guy you say you love no pun intended , it is what you wrote in your post , isn’t it ?

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Kind of like the same way you give that clean bill of health to Canelo
                      You know the one guy you say you love no pun intended , it is what you wrote in your post , isn’t it ?
                      I didn’t give him a clean bill of health, I said his explanation for why clenbuterol was found in his system was believable. Because clen in cattle is real in Mexico, Canelo was publicly seen eating at a Mexican steak house during the right timeframe, and the amounts of clen found in his system were consistent with eating tainted meat.

Conor Benn’s story on the other hand was much less believable. Because clomiphene is NOT allowed in egg production in the UK and he never gave any sources for where he got the contaminated eggs from.

You understand?
                      Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 03-24-2024, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X