Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Benavidez Nearly Set to Join Gervonta Davis on PPV Doubleheader

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    That PBC doesn’t do these kind of cards every month, on a non ppv platform, with the roster they have is very frustrating for me as a fan of the sport and a believer in what they can do for the sport.

It can’t be that hard to make quality in house fights that people will take interest in.
    It is when none of your in house boys want to fight each other

Too scared to lose

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

I would not sleep on Gvozdyk but I do expect David to win.
      A good fight in which David will have to showcase more of his skill-set, but if he's the goods, Gvozdyk isn't going 12.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

2 pretty good fights, Yay!

Happy?
        No I'm not happy becuz you fuqed it up!!

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post

It is when none of your in house boys want to fight each other

Too scared to lose
          You mean like how all the Dazn MWs gave Andrade a shot? Or how Clenelo gave his Pbc stalemate a shot?
          The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

No I'm not happy becuz you fuqed it up!!

Sorry but do you think these are great fights that should be stirring everyone up? Of the two, the more interesting will be Benevidez testing the waters at 175. Martin is good but I don't see Martin as much of a threat to the top guys. He'll compete for awhile against Tank, because Tank doesn't do much for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post

When has he been chasing greatness though? You acting like he's been going through murderer's row? Name me one dangerous fighter he faced.
              Gvozdyk put adonis stevenson in a coma. Obviously gvozdyk is older and past prime now but that power is no joke. Ive seen interviews with his sparring partners and its a common consensus that he has unreal power.

Comment

Definitely a great idea to put Benavidez on his 3rd straight PPV when no one knows who the **** he is outside of hardcore fans.

I truly wish the PBC would just go under already.
                El_Maldito_Rey El_Maldito_Rey likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Or...Canelo will be hoping that Benavidez wins because it increases the earning potential of their potential match-up. Other than Benavidez, Canelo stands to lose the most if David looks like shxt. Benavidez moving up is the right move because he isn't going to face Morrell/Mbilli anyway. After Benavidez squashes Gvozdyk, he should go after Beterbiev/Bivol.
                  He should, but Turki has an idea about the winner of Bivol - Beterbiev fighting Opetaia at cruiserweight. Money talks. I guess the winner will follow the money, the loser also.

Maybe will Benavidez fight the loser of Bivol -Beterbiev for one or more vacant belts at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    ‘People jump to these conclusions’: Stephen Espinoza discusses Canelo’s return to PBC
                    Canelo Alvarez is set for a PBC fight against Jaime Munguia when it was previously reported he’d be leaving the company.
                    By Wil Esco@wil_esco Mar 19, 2024, 6:52pm EDT

Stephen Espinoza takes a few minutes to chat with Fight Hub TV about a couple of upcoming cards that will appear on PBC, including Canelo Alvarez vs Jaime Munguia as well as Tim Tszyu vs Sebastian Fundora. The former Showtime executive, who’s seemingly been working in an advisory role for PBC as of late, shares his perspective on these upcoming cards.

Espinoza on the Canelo vs Munguia fight

“I think this is the right time for the Munguia fight because I think if you looked at Munguia a year ago, two years ago, he was a brawler, he was rough. And I’m not saying he had no skills but he was largely a brawler, and I think what you’ve seen particularly the last year is a lot of progress in Munguia.”

On the reports of Canelo leaving PBC only to strike a deal with them soon thereafter

“It’s been a long time since Canelo took his business over. He’s been the captain of his ship, he’s been maneuvering and navigating his own career for quite a while...at a certain point if he wasn’t seeing what he liked or he had curiosity where the opportunities were, it’s absolutely his right to go look around. That’s why when everyone says it was an amicable parting of ways, clearly it was.

“If anyone had burned a bridge they wouldn’t have gotten back together. So at a certain point people jump to these conclusions, they want to pitch these certain narratives about what’s happened and nine times out of ten they’re jumping to conclusions and spreading a narrative that isn’t true, ‘oh, PBC’s out of money, Canelo doesn’t want to deal with them.’ No, let’s not be so melodramatic about things.”

https://www.badlefthook.com/2024/3/1...xing-news-2024

Canelo and Boots on one card, Tank and Benavidez on the next! Crawford waiting on Tszyu vs. Fundora winner! Sorry haters, PBC is alive and well! LMAO!
                    ​​
                    LOL let’s all celebrate nothing but ppvs and the biggest stable in boxing having like 3 cards over an 8 month period. Boxing fanagers are something special man.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Someone is upset this PBC card will sell well.

Lmfao
                      Yeah thanks to the Mexican you dumbass lmfao even then it won't do good stank can't get passed 250k without cryan

Comment

Working...
                      X