Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Francis Ngannou FITS RIGHT IN, Makes Excuse For KO Loss To Joshua: They Told Me To Show Up Way Early, I Didn't Know It Mattered, I Was Tired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post

I can't agree with this. Cash is king. Fighters are fighters. They're not scared of any format. We've already seen boxers enter MMA, it's not something that would be new. The reason there is that they wouldn't make a quarter in MMA of what they make in boxing and that's as simple as it is. If if makes numbers, it makes sense. No boxer has been calling MMA guys to come over and face them. There has just been public interest and the money presented by "others" that want to see the two get together that are making the MMA guys come over.

Hell, if MMA would give better pay days overall, I think you would see A LOT of boxers switch over. They're just going where the numbers are.
    Its not as simple as that though. If you arent at the absolute top end sub 1% of boxing the next best thing is being at the top end in MMA. There are tons of good boxers out there who have basically hit a ceiling in terms of money and profile who could make the switch and if they suceeded be better off, not everyone is Canelo or AJ. Another thing to take into account is that MMA is the "easier" path from day 1 to being at the top. Its got a much smaller talent pool than boxing but the UFC has a bigger roster than every major boxing promotion combined, and is a bigger platform in terms of the exposure it can offer a fighter, also it takes way fewer fights to get noticed or get to a title shot and/or main event status, theres also much more tolerance for fighters to have losses so not having the 0 isnt the end of the world. Basically, if someone made a 5 year plan of becoming a millionaire and somewhat famous, its more achievable in MMA than boxing, you're just not gonna be making AJ, Canelo, Fury money.

Not saying I think boxers are "scared" to go into MMA or anything like that, of course they arent. But the money thing isnt a total fool proof explanation for why it doesnt happen more imo.
    Last edited by TMLT87; 03-22-2024, 01:37 AM.
    MusoMeanderings MusoMeanderings likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by HisExcellency View Post

Just stop with the excuses already because NONE of Fury, Joshua or Usyk would have the balls to fight in the octagon let alone face a dominant champion on their debut!
      I dont think its a lack of balls in the sense of them being afraid of getting the **** kicked out of them, I think its more that its instilled into boxing at this point that big name fighters have a "brand" that they need to protect, their careers are built around constant risk management. I'm sure the UFC or the Saudis could give them a big payday for an MMA fight but the risk of looking bad would not be worth it for them unless the money was absolutely beyond ridiculous even compared to the already ridiculous money they are paid. When you're already getting paid around $80m over the last 12 months to box an MMA fighter and three guys who arent in the top 10 why bother?
      Last edited by TMLT87; 03-22-2024, 01:35 AM.

Comment

if you got tired by waiting in a dressing room then idk what that says about your stamina

Comment

Meh, dude's alright. Joshua can sleep most the division like that and I still want to know where Franny rates. Two fights ain't ****, let's see Zhang, Hrgovic, Parker, Wilder, or Whte or some ****. Andy could do with a fight. Ortiz, Kabayel, hell, can he beat Yoka? I'll watch it. maybe alone

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
            Meh, dude's alright. Joshua can sleep most the division like that and I still want to know where Franny rates. Two fights ain't ****, let's see Zhang, Hrgovic, Parker, Wilder, or Whte or some ****. Andy could do with a fight. Ortiz, Kabayel, hell, can he beat Yoka? I'll watch it. maybe alone
            It'd be a lot of fun seeing Whyte **** the bed and probably get himself KTFO.

Comment

I guess his lack of skills and AJ's right hands had nothing to do with it.

He knew who he was fighting, where and at what time.

Is he going to say they didn't prepare enough to adjust to that in one of the biggest events of the year? I don't buy it and the adrenaline would had woke him up as he is going to fight.
              Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Disappointed in Francis…didn’t have him as the type to make EXCUSES. At the end of the day, he became too arrogant after his fight against Fury and fought in a reckless manner allowing Joshua to drop him HARD early. From that moment on it was just a matter of time.

Still, Ngannou can hold is head high because at least he had the BALLS to fight two top 3 Heavyweights in his first two pro boxing matches and dropped and arguably BEAT one of them.

Just stop with the excuses already because NONE of Fury, Joshua or Usyk would have the balls to fight in the octagon let alone face a dominant champion on their debut!
                I like Francis as well. But... He started getting snarky as the fight approached; probably caught up in his near win (still a loss) against Fury; suckered by his denial of the obvious fact that Fury was just playing and having fun out there.
                Joshua wasn't, and that's what you get.

He was saying things like “Respect the fact the rules of boxing are protecting your ass. Without that you are nothing in front of me. I beat you every day, and twice on Sunday".

Pretty much the same stuff that Ngannou's UFC king predecessor Tim Sylvia was spouting before getting starched by 50 year old Ray Mercer in 9 seconds in the best example of a boxer in MMA.

Guys only fight MMA because they're not good enough fighters to box. Grapplers need to become strikers and Strikers need to become grapplers under those more open rules, so the fighters self evidently are of the same ilk, and the best always go towards the money.

Add eye gouging and artery biting and you have yet another totally different look. One where close quarters grappling is a dangerous route.
                But there, you get continued diminishing returns. Boxing pays a whole lot, MMA earns you much much less, and a real fight gets you jail time.

Ngannou is not a special kicker, and has less takedown and grappling experience than any college senior on the team. If Ngannou and Joshua had met under MMA rules, it would be very unlikely to have changed the fight.

It would look exactly the same, with a quick knockout that couldn't be defended. Just like Mercer - Sylvia.

it wouldn't take "Balls" for a ranked boxer to take the paycut to train for MMA. it would take being all washed up.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

It'd be a lot of fun seeing Whyte **** the bed and probably get himself KTFO.
                  Any of those guys would beat Ngannou in boxing. A number of them in MMA as well, with a little coaching. Ask Jeremy Williams his thoughts. After his license to box was suspended and he was through, he dove into MMA and laid out a string of experienced pros there. But the pay wasn't enough to keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post

No wonder Kovalev lost, they tired him out by putting on a Shakur fight.
                    It was actually preempted by UFC.

Comment

Disappointed in Francis…didn’t have him as the type to make EXCUSES. At the end of the day, he became too arrogant after his fight against Fury and fought in a reckless manner allowing Joshua to drop him HARD early. From that moment on it was just a matter of time.

Still, Ngannou can hold is head high because at least he had the BALLS to fight two top 3 Heavyweights in his first two pro boxing matches and dropped and arguably BEAT one of them.

i dont think him fighting two of top 3 Heavyweights in his first two pro boxing matches has anything to do with balls,any other top mma fighter would of taken the fights because of the amount of money they were getting...

Comment

Working...
                      X